News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Films of Ridley Scott ranked

Started by LennG, March 07, 2022, 02:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

So we've done Quentin Tarintino and Hitchcock so now let's try Ridley Scott.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-films-of-ridley-scott-ranked/ss-BB1cYwik?ocid=msedgntp

To be honest, there are a few films, especially at the lower end of the list that I had never even heard of, but once we get going, especially the ones in the top ten, all great movies.

Films like Exodus-Gods and Kings was one of the worst movies ever. A complete waste of time and money and just with a ridiculous premise.
Also his version of Robin Hood was a sham especially when there have been some excellent other versions.
Should have also stayed away from Alien: Covenant

That said, films like Aliens, Black Hawk Down, Blade Runner, Gladiator, The Martian are truly outstanding movies. One of my true favorites was the Kingdom of Heaven just a terrific movie about the siege of Jerusalem.

Many favorites to chose from.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

He also made "Aliens" didn't he?  I think that one is actually better than "Alien."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 07, 2022, 03:38:11 PM
He also made "Aliens" didn't he?  I think that one is actually better than "Alien."

I thought I had mentioned Aliens already and YES, it was better than Alien.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv