News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How many have you visited

Started by MightyGiants, July 07, 2022, 05:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

You cannot view this attachment.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

16 for sure. Possibly 17-19 if I'm forgetting things I think I may have done at a very young age on trips with my parents.

There are a number of major things in this country though that I still haven't seen that I need to get to. The Grand Canyon is the most major of those. Golden Gate Bridge (San Fran in general) another. I would definitely check out Alcatraz too if I were there and had time.

jimv

LennG

25 for me.

Our one true regret is that we have never visited California and it is on the Bucket List. I truly want to see the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz.

We did a road trip when my kids were teens, about 3 1/2 weeks touring some of the
Western states, We hit most of the National Parks and monuments along the way, so a lot of what was mentioned we did on that trip. I would also add to that list Devil's Tower (where Close Encounters was filmed) in Wyoming.
The Alamo I visited when I was in basic training at Lackland AFB.
Don't know how many even know what the Road To Hana is, but it is in Maui and is about a 50-mile road that takes about 5 hours to drive as it is a constant narrow, 2-lane road that has more curves than any other road in the USA. In fact, my wife got car sick on this road and we were in a convertible. Truly one majestic road with just awesome things to see.

I seriously doubt I will get to the Mall of America, or the Gateway Arch, but if we ever get to California, I will check off several other things on that list.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Jolly Blue Giant

14 for me. I've seen a few from afar, but didn't count them...like the Grand Canyon from a passenger jet, the Space Needle while in Seattle, Acatraz from the piers in San Francisco. Haven't specifically visited them though so I didn't add them

There's a few I'd like to see in my lifetime that should be on my "to do list", like: Arlington Cemetery, Mount Rushmore, Las Vegas, and the Alamo
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

14 for me. We're going to do some left coast trips next year so I'll definitely cross off a few more.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 07, 2022, 05:30:34 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

17.  18 if the River Walk is the one in San Antonio.  19 if by the Hollywood sign you mean seeing it with my own eyes.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 10, 2022, 01:42:03 AM17.  18 if the River Walk is the one in San Antonio.  19 if by the Hollywood sign you mean seeing it with my own eyes.

Oops, bump these up by one.  I've see the Gateway Arch a few times.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll