News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How many COVID doses have you taken? Have you been infected?

Started by Ed Vette, July 21, 2022, 07:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 28, 2022, 03:03:50 PMThat's just the first dose. I think I get charged again for the second dose.
Medicare doesn't but perhaps your Supplemental does? I have Blue Shield of California, (Medigap part G), which costs me a bit more in premiums, but vaccines are covered 100%. For Shingles it didn't actually come into play for me though since I received my second of two Singrix vaccines a couple weeks before I turned 65.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on July 28, 2022, 03:29:10 PMMedicare doesn't but perhaps your Supplemental does? I have Blue Shield of California, (Medigap part G), which costs me a bit more in premiums, but vaccines are covered 100%. For Shingles it didn't actually come into play for me though since I received my second of two Singrix vaccines a couple weeks before I turned 65.

It falls under plan D which is paid prescriptions. I have G also but I don't think it falls under that.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 28, 2022, 03:44:33 PMIt falls under plan D which is paid prescriptions. I have G also but I don't think it falls under that.

Yes, you're correct. Now I need to check mine closer to see if they cover my annual flu shot.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

To date I have had the two initial(Pfizer) vaccinations taken Feb/Mar 21' and one booster Dec 21'. I contracted Covid exactly one year ago with relatively minor symptoms. I had a low grade(100) fever for 2-3 days, and cold like symptoms including some loss of taste which returned pretty quickly.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 01, 2022, 10:40:43 AMRic, how are you doing with the shingles?

Thanks for asking Ed. I'm doing fine. Took my last pill (Valacyclovir) this morning and all the blisters have dried out and scabbed over and the itching and burning is gone. I was also given Gabapentin for pain and only used them a few times. I'm going to survive this temporary hell, but it hasn't been fun. I am getting the shingles shots (both of them) once it's completely gone

I would suggest to everyone on this board to get the shingles shots. I took it for granted because I thought it could never happen to me and I've always been healthy and rarely catch anything. Haven't even had a cold in years. Now I know that probabilities can even hit those who have a great immune system and have avoided all kinds of medical issues that typically hit everyone  :(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 01, 2022, 11:22:02 AMThanks for asking Ed. I'm doing fine. Took my last pill (Valacyclovir) this morning and all the blisters have dried out and scabbed over and the itching and burning is gone. I was also given Gabapentin for pain and only used them a few times. I'm going to survive this temporary hell, but it hasn't been fun. I am getting the shingles shots (both of them) once it's completely gone

I would suggest to everyone on this board to get the shingles shots. I took it for granted because I thought it could never happen to me and I've always been healthy and rarely catch anything. Haven't even had a cold in years. Now I know that probabilities can even hit those who have a great immune system and have avoided all kinds of medical issues that typically hit everyone  :(

Each dose is about $200. Not covered by my paid prescription plan. Make sure to hydrate for several days after. There are side effects. Suggest getting it in the right arm. I had a chest pain that I would have thought was a heart attack if I had the shot in the left arm. Also resulted in some tendonitis.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 01, 2022, 11:49:05 AMEach dose is about $200. Not covered by my paid prescription plan. Make sure to hydrate for several days after. There are side effects. Suggest getting it in the right arm. I had a chest pain that I would have thought was a heart attack if I had the shot in the left arm. Also resulted in some tendonitis.

Actually, I didn't meet my tier deductible on the plan.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 01, 2022, 11:49:05 AMEach dose is about $200. Not covered by my paid prescription plan. Make sure to hydrate for several days after. There are side effects. Suggest getting it in the right arm. I had a chest pain that I would have thought was a heart attack if I had the shot in the left arm. Also resulted in some tendonitis.
Another data point. I got my second Shingrix vax and my second Covid booster on the same day, different arms. Aside from sore arms and being mildly tired the next day, I had no other reactions from the shots. Everyone is different so YMMV.

Jolly Blue Giant

Good news / Bad news

Good news: Shingles are all cleared up  :ok:
Bad news: I'm passing a kidney stone  :hurt:  :hurt:  :hurt:

I am in soooo much pain

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 13, 2022, 07:15:16 AMGood news / Bad news

Good news: Shingles are all cleared up  :ok:
Bad news: I'm passing a kidney stone  :hurt:  :hurt:  :hurt:

I am in soooo much pain

Good grief!! I am so sorry to hear that JBG. I hope the stone is on the smaller side and that this passes quickly. Needless to say, you have had WAY MORE than your fair share of serious pain recently. This too shall pass, however I have a ton of sympathy and hope you get through this incredibly soon.

Thoughts are with you my friend.

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks Dave...this really sucks. I haven't gone to the hospital to get a morphine drip and am trying to tough it out at home. Drinking gallons of water while rotating Tylenol and Advil and probably over doing it with the meds

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 13, 2022, 08:23:10 AMThanks Dave...this really sucks. I haven't gone to the hospital to get a morphine drip and am trying to tough it out at home. Drinking gallons of water while rotating Tylenol and Advil and probably over doing it with the meds

Hang in there JBG. Easy for me to say from the cheap seats obviously, as I'm not presently experiencing what you are, but I know some very tough people who have had stones and said there is no understating the pain. So I am super sympathetic. Especially since you just got over another highly painful condition. I am really sorry about that.

The good news is that as bad as this is, it is only temporary. I respect that you are trying to tough it out at home, but I personally wouldn't be shy about going in for something stronger if it becomes completely unbearable. It's not like you're going in for a mild headache or some mild back pain. Kidney stones are up there with the most painful conditions there are.

Sounds like you and the wife deserve a great vacation somewhere really nice when this is over!