News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Any D&D Tabletop Role-playing fans out there?

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, August 18, 2022, 07:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Ok my inner geek is coming out for this post! Lol

I turn 50 in Oct.  started playing D& D back in the 4th grade. 

Played Basic, Advanced, 1st and 2nd Edition TSR D& D through High School and College. Now 5E.

In college just so happened that a few guys who lived in the same hallway as me (and become lifelong friends) also played and we gamed all through college and to this day together.

Once college ended obviously became harder to play living in different states but we got together occasionally and gamed.

The last 2 years almost now started playing 5E D& D (so never played 3, 3.5 or 4th edition). As we found a virtual platform we could all get on from different states and Game on. (Roll20.com) and we have gotten back into it.  We meet at least once a week when life allows and we picked back up where we left off all those years ago. (Still learning 5E rules as things have changed so much)

I mostly DM, but have a few characters I have developed and play as party members mostly as NPCs.  I have a Human Barbarian and a Elf Assasin/Cleric.

I am big on backstories and running games not from premade modules but my own games, based off the Forgotten Realms World and Lore.  I like to create games more as ongoing stories that build off each other as the characters grow and develop immersing them into that world as the hero's.  I run a world with a lot of magic and powerful strong items and creatures, I never understood under powered characters. 

So who here plays still?

Has played, but doesn't anymore?

What characters did/do you play?

What world did/do you play in?

Anyone interested in learning about it?

Anyone want to form a Giants D& D group and meet online and play?

Got any D& D stories to tell?

Would love to hear about it all as I got way more to tell but don't want the first post to be a NOVEL.

And if ya don't want to let your inner geek out in an open forum it's cool, shoot me a DM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

This explains so much...

Just kidding. Never got into it probably because it came after my generation of baby boomers. The boys played it on the Big Bang Theory and it seemed interesting.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 18, 2022, 08:04:11 AMThis explains so much...

Just kidding. Never got into it probably because it came after my generation of baby boomers. The boys played it on the Big Bang Theory and it seemed interesting.
Lmao yea the Heavy Metal Music, hunting and D& D explains most of it lol!  Giants fan shows I like to suffer too besides have fun lol.

Big Bang definitely brought it to mainstream and now Stranger Things has really taken it to an all time high level popularity wise.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 18, 2022, 04:46:00 PMI played when I was young.
Do tell?

What version did you play and what did you play?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on August 18, 2022, 06:37:47 PMDo tell?

What version did you play and what did you play?

Paul,

I played back in college, which was so long ago, that I barely remember much of it.  I believe it was the basic edition and I played for a year or so with my friends
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE