News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Daniel Jones - A possible top ten QB? -

Started by sxdxca38, November 14, 2022, 11:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

Here are his projected stats

3,000 Yards 66% comp 15 TD's 4 Int 92.7 QBR.

700 Yards rushing 3 TD's.

His 92.7 QBR ranks him 12th amongst active QB's in the NFL.

His 60.2 total QBR ranks him 8th among QB's in the NFL.

DJ hasn't turned the ball over in six straight games.

And he has thrown 145 consecutive passes without an interception.

I don't think it's out of the question to say that he is as of right now a top ten QB.

Here are the QB's that I would say are clearly better than him.

1. Tua
2. Hurts
3. Mahomes
4. Burrow
5. Allen
6. Rodgers
7. Herbert
8. Murray

- Brady is going to retire.
- He's already beaten Tannehill, Rodgers and Jackson.
- He beat D. Carr last year.
- In a few weeks we will see how he does against Goff, Cousins and Prescott.
- Finally, there is Garoppolo

But honestly, I think he and the Giants can beat Goff, Cousins, Prescott and Garoppolo, and I don't think any of them are clearly head and shoulders better than he is. If anything, I think he is right there with them, but this is how I am seeing things.

I'm curious your thoughts?

Do you think DJ is a top ten QB or not?

Please Feel free to express your thoughts, but as you share your opinions whether you agree or disagree, if you could do so in a civil way, and if you could please explain why you feel the way you do?

Okay fire away!

Blue Fire

And on that list of 10 how many have a clearly better WR core than DJ?

Only one arguably that's close and that Herbert who is having a very down year relative to his first 2. Coincidence? Of course not, his top 2 guys have been hurt much of the year.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

AP44

Top 10 is a little steep. But he has certainly moved closer. If we are counting the QBs this year. (not in any order)

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Hurts
4. Burrow
5. Jackson
6. Tua
7. Cousins
8. Rodgers
9. Brady
10. Herbert

Jones would be in the next group with the likes of Murray, Lawrence (hes going to be a monster soon), Prescott, and Stafford.

LennG

No offense to the OP, but please not another one of these threads. Jones has a good game and this comes out. Jones stinks up the place, like last week in Seattle and the other side comes out.

Can we save it for after the season already? This is worse than politics.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: AP44 on November 14, 2022, 11:25:14 AMTop 10 is a little steep. But he has certainly moved closer. If we are counting the QBs this year. (not in any order)

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Hurts
4. Burrow
5. Jackson
6. Tua
7. Cousins
8. Rodgers
9. Brady
10. Herbert

Jones would be in the next group with the likes of Murray, Lawrence (hes going to be a monster soon), Prescott, and Stafford.

I agree. He's also winning games that some of those top ten are not. The two playing best this year are Mahomes and Hurts and Cousins may be having his best season. While the Offensive Game Plan limits him as it did yesterday, it's hard to move him into that top ten.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: AP44 on November 14, 2022, 11:25:14 AMTop 10 is a little steep. But he has certainly moved closer. If we are counting the QBs this year. (not in any order)

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Hurts
4. Burrow
5. Jackson
6. Tua
7. Cousins
8. Rodgers
9. Brady
10. Herbert

It's interesting to watch Herbert.  I mean injuries have put him on par with Daniel Jones in terms of protection and targets. 

QB rating-  Jones 12th  Herbert 18th

QBR-  Jones 8th  Herbert 13th

Of your top ten, I think Hurts is a product of the best O-line combined with two elite WRs

Jackson hasn't looked that impressive (at least from hat I have seen)

Tua must feel like he is back in Alabama, once again throwing to wide open receivers

Rodgers and Brady are both looking their age

I see Cousins in the top 10 list.  I find it interesting that he is included since I have frequently heard DJ's ceiling being compared to Cousins. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

He's not better than Jackson, Brady, Rodgers, Garappolo, or Goff.

Top 10 Qbs last year were in the 4500 yd 30 Td 10 int range and Jones isn't coming close to that.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 14, 2022, 11:38:18 AMHe's not better than Jackson, Brady, Rodgers, Garappolo, or Goff.

Top 10 Qbs last year were in the 4500 yd 30 Td 10 int range and Jones isn't coming close to that.

Why do you choose yardage, TDs, and INTs as your only measures?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 14, 2022, 11:37:34 AMIt's interesting to watch Herbert.  I mean injuries have put him on par with Daniel Jones in terms of protection and targets. 

QB rating-  Jones 12th  Herbert 18th

QBR-  Jones 8th  Herbert 13th

Of your top ten, I think Hurts is a product of the best O-line combined with two elite WRs

Jackson hasn't looked that impressive (at least from hat I have seen)

Tua must feel like he is back in Alabama, once again throwing to wide open receivers

Rodgers and Brady are both looking their age

I see Cousins in the top 10 list.  I find it interesting that he is included since I have frequently heard DJ's ceiling being compared to Cousins. 
Herbert throes almost 3 times as much as Jones in some games so hardly comparable when one throws 41, 53, 57 times a game and the other throws 17, 30, 27

Blue Fire

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 14, 2022, 11:37:13 AMI agree. He's also winning games that some of those top ten are not. The two playing best this year are Mahomes and Hurts and Cousins may be having his best season. While the Offensive Game Plan limits him as it did yesterday, it's hard to move him into that top ten.

Yup and Cousins also has Justin Jefferson who is playing out of his mind and could be the #1 WR in the entire NFL at this point. They have Thielen who is a very solid #2 and added Hockenson.

What DJ is doing relative to the WR group around him is absolutely impressive. Yes Its hard to move him in that group bc we cant see the big numbers without first having the bonafide WRs.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Trench

Why not just add Pro Bowl QB to the list.

On a serious note, I do hope the Giants sign OBJ so it can put to bed the idea that #8 shortcomings are a result of the lack of a true elite WR. Conversely, I think we can put to be bed the idea that the Oline is horrible as that was the reason before Shep got hurt, KT wouldn't play and Golladay stunk up the joint.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 14, 2022, 11:42:00 AMHerbert throes almost 3 times as much as Jones in some games so hardly comparable when one throws 41, 53, 57 times a game and the other throws 17, 30, 27

True, I have heard QBs like Phil Simms talk about how much harder it is to find a rhythm and get a feel for the game if you don't throw enough passes
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 14, 2022, 11:40:28 AMWhy do you choose yardage, TDs, and INTs as your only measures?
Because every top QB that end the season last year the Burrows, Herbert's, Allen's, mahomes all finished with 4500 30 and 10... so why wouldn't I?

Trench

Quote from: Trench on November 14, 2022, 11:42:12 AMWhy not just add Pro Bowl QB to the list.

On a serious note, I do hope the Giants sign OBJ so it can put to bed the idea that #8 shortcomings are a result of the lack of a true elite WR. Conversely, I think we can put to be bed the idea that the Oline is horrible as that was the reason before Shep got hurt, KT wouldn't play and Golladay stunk up the joint.

Sometimes it is fair to also look at the player himself

AP44

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 14, 2022, 11:38:18 AMHe's not better than Jackson, Brady, Rodgers, Garappolo, or Goff.

Garrapolo sucks. Most overrated player in the NFL.