News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- OBJ officially visiting the Giants after Thanksgiving -

Started by sxdxca38, November 20, 2022, 10:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

I'm not for or against this move, I'm just sharing a headline that I saw, so please make of this what you will.

Link down below

OBJ

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Who is he visiting first?

Does that or will it make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weeze

OH Please, give us all a break please! He was here punching out place kicker practice nets to draw the cameras.
 Need him like a hole in the head, imo of course.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

DJN

I guess after today's putrid effort and injuries, Beckham might as well cancel his visit here and just go to Dallas

TDToomer

Quote from: DJN on November 20, 2022, 04:08:05 PMI guess after today's putrid effort and injuries, Beckham might as well cancel his visit here and just go to Dallas

Sadly this is exactly what is happening. Three top cowboys players are openly recruiting him on Twitter. Are any Giants players doing the same besides Shepard?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

My question which has yet to be answered by the all in on Jones crew is if we do sign OBJ, would he suffice as a #1 WR type who is being clamored for in order for #8 to be successful?....basically, are we going to be allowed to utilize OBJ stats as a measuring stick as it relates to whether or not to sign Jones?

beaugestus

Trench, I have been a Jones supporter and as Shoen has said he wouldn't make a difference what receivers are mentioned. First they have no MONEY, TWO, and he is coming off a SECOND knee injury.

He is "OFFICIALLY" coming for a visit, how nice of "HIS MAJESTY"!!

AP44

Avoid at all costs. Dont let our record fool you into believing we are contenders. Keep building through the draft.

killarich

Quote from: Trench on November 21, 2022, 09:25:09 AMMy question which has yet to be answered by the all in on Jones crew is if we do sign OBJ, would he suffice as a #1 WR type who is being clamored for in order for #8 to be successful?....basically, are we going to be allowed to utilize OBJ stats as a measuring stick as it relates to whether or not to sign Jones?

Someone answered this already , we have no idea what kind of OBJ we are getting ..... I don't think anyone is seeing him as a true #1 .... Just help and HOPE that he is something if his former self ....

With Wandale now out for the season I don't think we can put a legit wr corps out there no matter who we sign

We literally have NO slot receiver now lol ..... this team on both sides of the ball is now shot for sure

Trench

Quote from: killarich on November 21, 2022, 10:48:39 AMSomeone answered this already , we have no idea what kind of OBJ we are getting ..... I don't think anyone is seeing him as a true #1 .... Just help and HOPE that he is something if his former self ....

With Wandale now out for the season I don't think we can put a legit wr corps out there no matter who we sign

We literally have NO slot receiver now lol ..... this team on both sides of the ball is now shot for sure

I did not see a response - but what you posted is excellent.

My next question would be since we understand he is not going to be valued and anticipated as a #1 then why would we go anywhere near paying him even decent $$??

Woody

No way he will seriously consider Giants after yesterday. By that I mean the way the Giants played and the way Dallas destroyed Vikings!
Which team would you pick for the rest of the year?
Duh

todge

Like most players, OBJ will go to the team that pays him the most.

But what's the point? Injuries have reduced this team to a shell of what it once was. Why spend money on an aging WR coming off his second ACL who is also a shell of what he once was?

TDToomer

Quote from: todge on November 22, 2022, 11:36:19 AMLike most players, OBJ will go to the team that pays him the most.

But what's the point? Injuries have reduced this team to a shell of what it once was. Why spend money on an aging WR coming off his second ACL who is also a shell of what he once was?

Because we are a 7-3 team trying to make the playoffs with an obvious need at WR. I am not giving up on the season and neither should Schoen.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs