News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Giants are open to re-signing Barkley for around 12 million -

Started by sxdxca38, December 02, 2022, 10:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 03, 2022, 12:27:46 PMStamina may be affected by serious injuries. It's possible that he just hit a wall. Let's see how he does tomorrow and the rest of the season. Btw, I couldn't see Schoen signing him this season without seeing if he could make it through the schedule healthy.

Agreed on all points.

He has had 10 days off and is enjoying the comforts of home, so there are really no excuses. If tomorrow he looks like he did against Dallas and Detroit, his value is going to start to drop precipitously.

If all he is is a committee type back who gets 15 carries or less per game, then you can't pay up for that. No way no how. I'm not worried about it because I am pretty certain Schoen fully understands all of this. If he doesn't have the stamina/durability to be a workhorse bell cow type, then an 8 figure AAV should be completely off the table. That means no tag either.

Slugsy-Narrows

I read somewhere that the giants got offers for SB at the trade deadline but they were low balls and embarrassing to even mention or consider.

If someone offered a real offer and JS wasn't interested in resigning him he wouldn't be here.

JS isn't worried about the fan reaction at this time, he wants to build today for winning tomorrow and not a 1 season wonder but winning with longevity.

He will have a number in his head for all these guys and will let them walk vs overpaying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDToomer

I have no problem with $12 million annually. Whatever the term is must be easy to walk away from after 2 years though.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on December 03, 2022, 01:06:56 PMI have no problem with $12 million annually. Whatever the term is must be easy to walk away from after 2 years though.

I can live with that if these last two games were just a random blip, and he plays well down the stretch. If what we have seen since the bye is what he is for the rest of the season, then no way.

kingm56

I can live with $12M annually too; the question is, does Barkley think he's worth more.  Given his injury history, and the fact he's only had one (maybe 2) Pro Bowl-type years, the Giants have some leverage.