News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

My daughter's brand spanking new Jeep Grand Cherokee

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, December 19, 2022, 10:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

About a month old - top of the line with all the extras

She was taking her daughter to soccer practice in Syracuse when she hit a patch of ice. Both of them are okay and doing fine. They were taken to the hospital in an ambulance, checked over, and released. A couple of bruises from the seat belt

She told me she was hanging upside down and neither of them could release their seatbelts. A voice came on the radio and asked if she was alright and that the police had been contacted. There was a state trooper a mile away who was there less than a couple of minutes. My daughter was starting to panic because she thought there was smoke in the car and that maybe it was on fire. It was the dust floating from the airbags. The lady trooper climbed in to cut the seat belts and my daughter insisted on getting her daughter out first (she was in the back seat)

Anyway, scary moment and not the kind of call you want to get early Sunday morning
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I am glad your daughter and granddaughter are okay.  This is the perfect illustration of seatbelts saving lives.  These types of rollovers are often fatal for unbelted people as they are often thrown from the vehicle or strike their heads on the roofs breaking their necks.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Oh wow!!! Thank God they're both OK!!!

I saw the thread title and I was going to show off mine too!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Wow. So glad to hear they came out of the ok. Vehicles can be replaced, lives cannot.
Truly blessed this Christmas!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Sem

Wow, that must have been very frightening for them. Fortunately they were not hurt.

LennG

Ric

WOW. So glad your family is OK. Terrible thing that black ice.

I'm sure you already know but there are several gizmos out there that have a knife and a sort of hammer, to break the window in cases like this. Really should be a must in any car, especially with kids. They are so inexpensive and now a MUST holiday gift fore your family.

https://www.firesupplydepot.com/emergency-auto-hammer-seat-belt-cutter.html?msclkid=2d0ac6f156121120a98fa551e3b6a885

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18