News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Giants defense gave up 253 rushing yards on 8.2 ypc -

Started by sxdxca38, December 11, 2022, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 12, 2022, 12:26:10 PMThe Defense still gave up 137 yards a game rushing in the 8 games before the Bye. They were never a good Run Defense this season. Just worse now because of the loss of some key players but the fact remains they need to get two stud ILB's and teach these Edges to at least be aware of where the play is going. We may never get a Reasons, Carson, Banks and LT but they need to address the problem in the off season.

Injuries and stepping up in the level of competition. Same thing happened on the opposite side to the Giants running attack. 

For whatever reason, in the early part of the season the defense was making big plays at key moments every game.  Sack fumbles, stops on 3rd or 4th and short, knocking down a pass....They have made some of those in the last 5 games, but not as consistently (Eagles game they didnt make any) and when they did (Commanders game is a good example here), the offense was not able to capitalize. 

I think one of the more miraculous parts of that early season surge was that they were losing pretty much every game and were able to comeback with a running attack. 

Look at the DLs in the division and then compare them to the others the Giants played. 

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 12, 2022, 10:47:40 AMEveryone got all juiced up on a 7-1 record that was inflated.

I agree with the thrust of your point, but a minor correction.  They were never 7-1.  After the Seattle loss they were 6-2.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 12, 2022, 08:46:16 AMAP sorry but you are off base!

Love is having a great season!  You need to look at his stat line and how much he plays and where!  He is a Swiss Army knife for Wink!

Is he an all pro?  NO!!! But he is that player that you need and want to build a championship team with!  You can't have 53 pro bowl, 1st team all pros on a team!  You need some road grating hard fighting lunch pail guys and that is Love.

ive been a fan all year, but that whiff on smith's td yesterday was unforgivable to the point of wondering if the game was rigged.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 12, 2022, 03:10:26 PMive been a fan all year, but that whiff on smith's td yesterday was unforgivable to the point of wondering if the game was rigged.

When I saw it live I thought maybe he was going for the INT rather then looking to just lay out the receiver?

Idk have to look at it again and to be honest, really don't want to lol