News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on February 03, 2023, 10:01:46 AMSo what are the Bucs options at QB? Sounds like they have to go with a rookie but aren't drafting until 19th

Kyle Trask
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 03, 2023, 10:50:30 AMI can see that. He won't even have to move.

On paper, they are in the red with this year's cap, but looking at their contracts, the Jets could easily free up the money to pay Jones if they wanted to.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: TDToomer on February 03, 2023, 10:39:32 AMBe serious. He's a practice squad level QB.

He is a second round pick yet to play, no one knows if he is good or bad

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on February 03, 2023, 10:39:32 AMBe serious. He's a practice squad level QB.

He is literally the only QB on their roster, at this point in time.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Trask was a reasonably well regarded prospect coming into the league who ultimately went in the second round. He was drafted with succession to Tom Brady in mind. I don't think we can really classify him as anything at this point, because he has not had an opportunity due to Brady being there.

I would expect the Bucs to at least sign a vet like Trubisky (and possibly draft a QB), and then have a QB competition. Trask will be part of that competition.

Jclayton92

Trask had a cannon in college. It was the year we drafted Toney, their offense was lethal at Florida but I distinctly remember Trasks arm strength it was legit.

TDToomer

Was Trask the #2 this season? I thought Blaine Gabbert was behind Brady. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on February 05, 2023, 11:50:29 AMWas Trask the #2 this season? I thought Blaine Gabbert was behind Brady. 

He was. Trask was third I believe.

True Blue

Quote from: TDToomer on February 05, 2023, 11:50:29 AMWas Trask the #2 this season? I thought Blaine Gabbert was behind Brady. 

Gabbert is a Free Agent.

True Blue

Quote from: todge on February 08, 2023, 05:27:30 PMDJ was ninth in QBR this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/espn-qbr-stat-worst-stat-tom-brady-behind-ryan-fitzpatrick-what-is-qbr

Article is old, but makes alot of good points, assuming it is still calculated the same way