News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Quote from: kingm56 on December 24, 2022, 06:11:20 PMI'm actually getting some amusement from this thread; the posters who lectured us that it's not important to be right, have rushed here to tell us they're right.  It happens every time DJ has a good game, which he enjoyed today.  Still, a little perspective is always good.  Yes, DJ WR are bottom 10 and yes DJ enjoyed the game against the NFLs #31st ranked passing def, both are relevant.  In total, I think his 58 QBR and 93 RTG accurately reflect his effort today. 

Bottom 10?......... it might be fair to see the bottom of the entire NFL. Would you be as kind to name the other nine teams that are in the bottom 10 with the Giants?
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on December 24, 2022, 06:11:20 PMI'm actually getting some amusement from this thread; the posters who lectured us that it's not important to be right, have rushed here to tell us they're right.

Facts matter and your claim is factually incorrect.  Literally, no one said they were right. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: AP44 on December 24, 2022, 06:06:51 PMGame thread was an abomination.
I tend to let things go in the game day thread when I'm there as I know emotions run high.

The easiest thing to do is to ignore posts you don't agree with but instead, most of you want to snipe back. Not every statement deserves a response. Pretty simple if you ask me.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on December 24, 2022, 06:24:17 PMSays the guy saying ones claim is "factually incorrect" what a joke lmfao 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even if you believe that, the fact you feel the need to reply like that proves his point
So you decide to join in the fray. That's how we make this community better?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 24, 2022, 06:14:55 PMBottom 10?......... it might be fair to see the bottom of the entire NFL. Would you be as kind to name the other nine teams that are in the bottom 10 with the Giants?

I have already entertained this exercise, which I have quantified with subjective and objective data.  It just gets ignored for ones narrative.  I am not doing this again.  What's clear to me is a lot of posters don't pay attention to the rest of the league, at least not in-depth.  Instead of a one to end list, I'll give you list of teams that are in the Giants tierl

Chi (probably the worse...they lost Monney weeks ago)
Hou...they have 30 year old Cooks, that's it
Balt...they were terrible to begin with, but have lost thier top 2 mediocre WRs during the year...worse than the Giants
Atl...worse than the Giants as they haven't had Ridley at all.
Tenn...worse than the Giants...they don't even have a Slayton
GB...equal to the Giants as both only have one WR with 750+ yards/year.  Watkins has already been released and Lazard has proven a dud.
NO... worse than the Giants, Thomas and Landry are on IR; the former never really played, leaving TRE'QUAN SMITH, RASHID SHAHEED, and CHRIS OLAVE
NE...no real pop; Parker is a shell of himself...

Do I need to keep going, or is this enough? 

killarich

Devontae  just made an incredible catch for minshew .... He was about a foot in the air with two defenders on him

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on December 24, 2022, 07:25:56 PMDevontae  just made an incredible catch for minshew .... He was about a foot in the air with two defenders on him at

It was a great catch! However, we also learned that you can't simply plug a quarterback into the Philly O, and expect the same results. Uncle Rico played ok; however, if Hurts plays, Phili wins. 

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: kingm56 on December 24, 2022, 07:49:13 PMIt was a great catch! However, we also learned that you can't simply plug a quarterback into the Philly O, and expect the same results. Uncle Rico played ok; however, if Hurts plays, Phili wins. 

The drop off in my opinion was minimal!

To my eyes Mustache Man just showed the NFL that Hurtz isn't as great as ppl think, the team around him makes him who he is.

Rambo89

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 24, 2022, 04:48:31 PMDaniel Jones needs to be able to throw over 300 yards and lead a 4th qtr drive with his passing.

Daniel Jones throws over 300 yards and leads a 4th qtr drive with his passing.

Not good enough.

Good game for DJ, but I like it better when he throws for 170 yards and the Giants win.

And I've made it no secret that I consider the first 2 wins of the season as flukes.  Well in my book, losing to a 61 yard walk-off cancels out one of the early flukes.

Think it shows that Jones is an excellent game manager but in a shootout isn't going to win you games.

Quote from: todge on December 24, 2022, 05:02:07 PMWell ... when you don't like a certain player - no matter what he does is perceived in a negative light. There are several guys here who will always focus on the negative. You just have to accept their obvious bias.

After Jones is signed to an extension, the negativity will continue. Jones had a great game today - yet the naysayers will point to the  one pick (as if other QBs don't throw picks) . They will also point out every missed pass (as if other QBs don't throw errant passes).

It is what it is and it's never going to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why you don't get respect Ted.  When you come out in personal attack mode like this then get bent out of shape then cry to the moderators like you're a victim.

We all have our biases like any human.  You are no different.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 24, 2022, 10:13:00 PMThe drop off in my opinion was minimal!

To my eyes Mustache Man just showed the NFL that Hurtz isn't as great as ppl think, the team around him makes him who he is.

Completely disagree, his 2 ints were the reason they lost. In the first game, hurts didn't turn over the ball and threw two TDs.  The eagles are going to give Hurts a top 10 contract.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: kingm56 on December 24, 2022, 11:03:44 PMCompletely disagree, his 2 ints were the reason they lost. In the first game, hurts didn't turn over the ball and threw two TDs.  The eagles are going to give Hurts a top 10 contract.

I hope they do!  Less money to pay everyone else.

You can disagree.  But even with 2 picks Eagles nearly win!  The drop off isn't much.

kingm56

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 24, 2022, 11:08:31 PMI hope they do!  Less money to pay everyone else.

You can disagree.  But even with 2 picks Eagles nearly win!  The drop off isn't much.

But they didn't win; they only lost 1 of 14 games with Hurst  and made the playoffs solely because of him last year. Uncle Rico doesn't lead Phili to the playoffs last year...no way.  Hurts is a 2x Pro Bowler and will be an AP and MVP candidate this season. To suggest there wasn't, or won't be any drop off is mind blowing, especially when you consider Minshew has already thrown for 40% of Hurts picks and equaled 100% of his loses in just one game. You don't win many games when your QB has mult turnovers.  In short, with Hurts, phili is the best team in football, without him, they're not. They just proved that tonight.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 24, 2022, 11:08:31 PMI hope they do!  Less money to pay everyone else.

Personally I don't think there is a drop off.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

AZGiantFan

Given the expectation that the Jets are supposedly going to move on from Wilson, I wonder if they will be one of the team's that goes after DJ?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll