News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyz

I thought well of Jones for his career up until about 2 months ago when I finally gave up.   The last time I did this was when I finally called it early in the 2007 season when I said the team was just a hodge podge of ill fitting parts...4 DEs?...who has 4 DEs??  The season turned about two weeks later.

For now I'm keeping my opinion of Jones to myself.  I am a jinx.  Sometimes for the worse but mostly for the better. Keep the crow warm...just in case. 
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

MightyGiants

How Giants Daniel Jones DOMINATED vs Vikings

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

Wouldn't this just go under the Jones thread like all the other Jones videos? Not sure it can be considered a film study because its literally just a fan rewinding youtube highlights of the vikings game and adding commentary unless "back to the basket playaction fake" and "Jocka" are new terminology that I'm unaware of in analyzing tape. Not to mention the "sucks" "cleetus" and "apologize!!!!" Drawn on the thumbnail.. very professional analysis.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

state_property

DJ has steadily improved in his stats since his rookie season until now (where he in flourishing).  He has made the right adjustments in his game (especially this year) and has found a comfort zone in this offense under Kafka and Daboll.

Year    Atts     Compl    Yards   TDs     INTs     FUM     Lost

2019    459       284     3027    24       12      18       11
2020    448       280     2943    11       10      11        6
2021    361       232     2428    10        7      7         3
2022    472       317     3205    15        5      6         3

Hats off to the perfect blend of right coaching, patience, developing plays that play to his strengths, holding him accountability, and most important, being a leader of this team.  You can tell the players and coaches trust him unrevivably.

Jolly Blue Giant

Pretty much a given at this point that they are already working out a second contract. I don't think there's anyone left who thinks he doesn't. If he hit free agency, teams would be climbing over each other to sign him
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

True Blue

This should be in the DJ thread

sxdxca38

Sadly, not only is it Nick Wright, but also Colin Cowherd has just come out and said DJ is only a C QB at best.

Not even a C+ or B-, but only a C.

Obviously, he is entitled to his opinion, but DJ is the 7th ranked QB in QBR and 13th in RTG.

He also dismisses his 7 rushing TD's, and over 700 yards rushing.

In any event, I used to like Cowherd, but I'm starting to lose respect for his opinion.

Here is the link to the show down below, let's see what happens Saturday night

Cowherd

GMenRF

Quote from: sxdxca38 on January 18, 2023, 11:15:19 PMSadly, not only is it Nick Wright, but also Colin Cowherd has just come out and said DJ is only a C QB at best.

Not even a C+ or B-, but only a C.

Obviously, he is entitled to his opinion, but DJ is the 7th ranked QB in QBR and 13th in RTG.

He also dismisses his 7 rushing TD's, and over 700 yards rushing.

In any event, I used to like Cowherd, but I'm starting to lose respect for his opinion.

Here is the link to the show down below, let's see what happens Saturday night

Cowherd

Goes to show you they don't really watch the games.  If they did this clown would clearly see we've really opened up the playbook like a month ago.  It's ok if they keep harping at DJ's stats and argue that we won't be a playoff team next year.  DJ is more than happy to serve these clowns some crow and humble pie.

Imagine Wan'Dale and possibly another stud WR in this offense.  I know it's a pipe dream, but imagine if Schoen trades for Higgins since the Bengals can't pay him, Burrow and Chase at the same time?  That quick shot in the back of the endzone, if that's Higgins catching the ball thats a TD.

Bill Brown

I watched him ranking the 8 QBs left in the playoffs and of course he had DJ 8th but it was obvious he hates that the Giants are still in the hunt. I find it funny that on Monday after his game all the pundits were saying how good he has become this year but by Wednesday the narrative had changed to well the Vikings are a terrible team so that performance wasn't really that good.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Rambo89

Quote from: GMenRF on January 19, 2023, 12:57:33 AMGoes to show you they don't really watch the games.  If they did this clown would clearly see we've really opened up the playbook like a month ago.  It's ok if they keep harping at DJ's stats and argue that we won't be a playoff team next year.  DJ is more than happy to serve these clowns some crow and humble pie.

Imagine Wan'Dale and possibly another stud WR in this offense.  I know it's a pipe dream, but imagine if Schoen trades for Higgins since the Bengals can't pay him, Burrow and Chase at the same time?  That quick shot in the back of the endzone, if that's Higgins catching the ball thats a TD.

With how Jones, Lawrence and Thomas are playing I'm not sure they'll be able to keep Barkley let alone sign Higgins.  Wouldn't shock me if Lawrence got close to Aaron Donald money and Jones with how he's playing is going to be in that $35-$40 million AAV range.  Giants best bet for a WR is going to have to come via the draft, IMO.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18