News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I witnessed a stunning thing last night

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, December 14, 2022, 04:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I stopped into the local Walmart to print some photos for my kids. It was about 6:30 PM and when I walked out of the store, there was a line of about 10 cop cars with their lights flashing and sirens going along the main highway. I wondered what that was all about and then the lead car turned and led the group into the Walmart parking lot. I started to wonder if there was a robbery in process or whatever...it had to be bad as practically every police vehicle from the county sheriff's office and city police were coming in. But they were driving slowly so that meant it wasn't real bad. Regardless, there was no way I was going to leave until I could see what was going on...yeah, I'm nosey

Long story short, the cop cars lined up end for end across the whole front of the store. When the cops got out of their cars, they were all wearing Santa hats. They opened their back doors and let young kids out. Cops were holding the hands of the youngsters as they headed into the store. Apparently, the city and Walmart had made a deal to help homeless children get some toys for Christmas. The cops took them in, so they could pick out Christmas gifts. Not gonna lie... made me choke up a little. Meant more to me than any Christmas gift I ever got growing up. Restores some of my faith in humanity to see gestures like that
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Nice story. Negates the news article I read about what a woman did in a local Walmart today.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

I can't "LIKE" this story enough. I love reading things like this!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ozzie on December 14, 2022, 07:10:59 PMI can't "LIKE" this story enough. I love reading things like this!
Great thing about it was that there was no press or fanfare - no TV cameras, no reporters with cameras. It wasn't a publicity stunt. No one knew about it beforehand and there wasn't a story in the paper about it afterwards
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

There are several such stories like this where people, just do wonderful things to help needy veterans and their families at this time of year.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss