News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Graham Gano - I think we need to appreciate him

Started by sxdxca38, December 20, 2022, 01:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

He's been a tremendous asset to this team from the beginning, notice this last stat from a recent article.

"Gano, who set a Giants record with 30 consecutive converted field goals spanning 2021 and 2022, is 7-for-8 from 50-plus yards this season. His only miss was a range-pushing 58 on the final play of overtime when the Giants and Commanders tied earlier in the season."

You can read the rest of the article here

Gano

AZGiantFan

Quote from: sxdxca38 on December 20, 2022, 01:47:51 AMHe's been a tremendous asset to this team from the beginning, notice this last stat from a recent article.

"Gano, who set a Giants record with 30 consecutive converted field goals spanning 2021 and 2022, is 7-for-8 from 50-plus yards this season. His only miss was a range-pushing 58 on the final play of overtime when the Giants and Commanders tied earlier in the season."

You can read the rest of the article here

Gano

He just might be the best player at his position on the team.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

sxdxca38

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 20, 2022, 01:50:34 AMHe just might be the best player at his position on the team.

Yeah I would agree, he's really been phenomenal.

The GMEN wouldn't have nearly the amount of wins without him, just tremendous

EDjohnst1981

He's been superb since coming here. He's almost automatic from <55

kartanoman

He is, without question, the best place kicker I have ever seen in a Giants uniform, hands down; it's not even close.

I would love to see him accomplish two things with the Giants before he hangs it up for good:

1. Be the first NFL kicker to kick a 60+ yard FG in the Sardine Can.

2. Break the immortal Pete Gogolak's all-time Giants scoring leader record which has stood since 1974.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kartanoman

Addendum to my previous post, the all time Giants scoring leader board can be found HERE.

Gano will need to be productive for at least three more seasons to have a shot at it.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

GordonGekko80

Graham Gano has been constantly delivering since he's been on the team.

I appreciate him very, very much and I would even sign him to a long term deal if it was me.

One of the few good singings from the DG era.

Slugsy-Narrows

Can't complain about him for sure!

The guy is money!

With how we can't score TDs or get in the red zone consistently the only way we can keep putting points on the board is with a kicker who hat has a HUGE LEG!

Definitely one of the best DG signings

Stringer Bell

I don't think there's any question that he's been the Giants best player the last 3 years.

Ed Vette

Quote from: kartanoman on December 20, 2022, 07:17:46 AMAddendum to my previous post, the all time Giants scoring leader board can be found HERE.

Gano will need to be productive for at least three more seasons to have a shot at it.

Peace!
Interesting to see how Tynes had more FG's in his generation than PG did in his with less games. The difference is outstanding.

What do think about Josh Brown and his career cut short because of the circumstances. I thought he was a pretty good kicker.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

londonblue

It is nice not having to worry when we run the kicker out there. It would be nicer if we got in the EZ a bit more often to give him a rest!
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 20, 2022, 09:31:52 AMInteresting to see how Tynes had more FG's in his generation than PG did in his with less games. The difference is outstanding.

What do think about Josh Brown and his career cut short because of the circumstances. I thought he was a pretty good kicker.

I was reflecting on that list, and Josh Brown, as well. Statistically, Brown and Gano have comparable numbers. You would think that says a lot about Brown. I just can't get past the domestic violence issues which brought down his career and reputation.

I hope and pray, since the Giants released him, and the NFL suspending him for six games in 2017 (NOTE: and I do not believe he ever played in the NFL again), he has followed through on his words to take accountability, complete rehabilitation and make every effort to turn his life around. As a fellow human being, this is my wish for him.

Not to contrast he and Gano, as the latter has been happily married for 12 years and has five children, but I like
Gano's kicking style and am glad he's with the Giants rather than somewhere else kicking 63-yard game-winning FGs to sink the Giants!

Peace!