News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Started by True Blue, January 01, 2023, 06:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 02, 2023, 11:06:30 AMSo your comments to others is fine but people comment to you and it's not?  Talk to others how you want to be talked to and it may come back to you 10 fold or you block me (thought ya did) and you don't have to read it

Come on Paul. He didn't target you. Let's move on here.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 02, 2023, 03:58:22 PMCome on Paul. He didn't target you. Let's move on here.

I moved on hours ago!  My point was made

DaveBrown74

Looks like Thibodeaux is right in the teeth of the race for the DROY award.

This chart shows how the odds have progressed through the season. This has him trailing just Sauce for the award (in terms of the odds), but if you look at the date this chart does not include yesterday's games. Thibodeaux was clearly very good yesterday. I don't know about Sauce but the Jets have flamed out and they didn't seem able to stop the Seahawks yesterday. So I feel like he could be right in there.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/defensive-rookie-year-odds/

Jclayton92

https://youtu.be/0uKKgaV85uA

Ryan Clark is a real one for standing up for Thibodaux instead of pandering like other media personalities that played in the league.

AYM

Thibodeaux clearly did not know Foles was hurt when he did the snow angel. Saturday or anyone making more of this than that is either a clown or didn't see the play itself and has been led to believe he was celebrating as Foles was helped off the field.

Shoelessjoe

Art Stapleton stated on his podcast that Thibodeaux didn't know that Foles was hurt. I saw the game at a bar here in DE. The Giant game was on one TV and next to it was the Eagle game. There was no sound on the TV. When the hit was made it looked like he had a head injury. Replay showed that it was a clean hard hit that reminded me of the way that Marshal hit Joe Montana in a playoff game. We all thought that he had been concussed with either whip lash or hitting his head but according to Stapleton he had rib injuries.

The optics were bad but he at least said that he was not aware and I have no reason not to believe him.

Blue Fire

Quote from: Shoelessjoe on January 02, 2023, 06:35:19 PMArt Stapleton stated on his podcast that Thibodeaux didn't know that Foles was hurt. I saw the game at a bar here in DE. The Giant game was on one TV and next to it was the Eagle game. There was no sound on the TV. When the hit was made it looked like he had a head injury. Replay showed that it was a clean hard hit that reminded me of the way that Marshal hit Joe Montana in a playoff game. We all thought that he had been concussed with either whip lash or hitting his head but according to Stapleton he had rib injuries.

The optics were bad but he at least said that he was not aware and I have no reason not to believe him.

I think he was oblivious to it.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 02, 2023, 05:58:20 PMhttps://youtu.be/0uKKgaV85uA

Ryan Clark is a real one for standing up for Thibodaux instead of pandering like other media personalities that played in the league.

Oh so now ESPN is acknowledging that the Giants exist.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Has anyone in the media directly asked Thibodeaux about it?

I appreciate he'd never publicly admit that he knew, but sometimes the way someone answers a question you can tell if they're full of it or not.

Gmo11

https://twitter.com/carlbanksgiii/status/1610014432456835073?s=46&t=m4E5-tQ39YE5RCPbOFNrOg

Seems Carl Banks makes a solid point here in regards to Saturday clutching his pearls.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Gmo11 on January 02, 2023, 08:43:31 PMhttps://twitter.com/carlbanksgiii/status/1610014432456835073?s=46&t=m4E5-tQ39YE5RCPbOFNrOg

Seems Carl Banks makes a solid point here in regards to Saturday clutching his pearls.

If Saturday wants to be be ticked at anyone it should be at his OL for not blocking better and his RB who ran right past Thibs and left him with a clear line to Foles.  I'm not a big fan of celebrations in general, but if the league allows them then they're allowed.  Thibs is being scapegoated, IMO.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Woody

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2023, 06:44:32 PMWhat are your guys' thoughts on the whole celebration thing after Foles got injured? It was talked about in the game thread. I have a few people who have texted me (mainly Jets fans who are jealous) saying it was a classless move.

Thoughts?
Rookie or not.   He hit Foles three times with his arm while making a snow angel...and in my opinion.....as snow angel ...really?
Should have know Foles was still down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Gmo11 on January 02, 2023, 08:43:31 PMhttps://twitter.com/carlbanksgiii/status/1610014432456835073?s=46&t=m4E5-tQ39YE5RCPbOFNrOg

League will send a nice fine to him I am sure for that

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Woody on January 02, 2023, 09:04:37 PMRookie or not.   He hit Foles three times with his arm while making a snow angel...and in my opinion.....as snow angel ...really?
Should have know Foles was still down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the throws of the game do you think in the few seconds that transpired he is wondering or thinking what is that in touching?

It's not that he was standing over him or facing him.  He has a helmet on looking up at the sky. 

jimmyz

I like Thibodeaux.  I don't think he meant anything by his actions as added insult to injury.

But I do think the eagerness to exercise a rehearsed celebration is *** as *+**
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."