News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- NYG are 6-0 against the #1 seed in playoffs since 1990 -

Started by sxdxca38, January 17, 2023, 08:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

They have a 1.000 Win PCT, and the highest winning percentage of any NFL team since 1990 in the playoffs.

The GMEN are confident, and the odds are DJ and the boys are gonna give the Eagles all they can handle.

Link down below, time stamp for the stat is at 1:50 mark

GMEN

T200

Guess you didn't watch far enough into the segment where it showed Giants are a putrid 0-9 on the road against Philly since 2014.

:hurt:  :doh:  :boooo:  :Faint:  :angryfire:  :ohno:  :hmm:  :drunk:  :jawdrop:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

sxdxca38

Quote from: T200 on January 17, 2023, 09:53:45 PMGuess you didn't watch far enough into the segment where it showed Giants are a putrid 0-9 on the road against Philly since 2014.

:hurt:  :doh:  :boooo:  :Faint:  :angryfire:  :ohno:  :hmm:  :drunk:  :jawdrop:

You're right, I just saw that stat at the bottom of the page, but please be assured I didn't guarantee a win, I just said the Giants are gonna be a handful for the Eagles on Saturday night, so let's see how this transpires.  :ok: 

T200

No worries - one of those streaks is ending Saturday night.  :ok:

BluesCruz

Im not sure the Eagles are prepared for the renewed ferocity the Giants will confront them with

Maybe they feel they are facing the same team they clobbered a month ago

Playoff football is different, you have to have a higher gear you can ascend to

We didnt even play our best football yet...getting there
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

Saw this think we also need to remember the Giants were 0-3 in the 1980's against the #1 seed (81, 84 and 85).
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 18, 2023, 05:04:35 AMIm not sure the Eagles are prepared for the renewed ferocity the Giants will confront them with

I dig your Big Blue optimism but the Giants just played a nearly flawless game. No turnovers, two punts, 31 points, record-setting QB performance, 100+ yard rusher, and the defense stepped up at the end.

And you're looking for them to play a game even better than that against the #1 team in the league? The same team we haven't beaten in their place since 2014?

It's a huge task. I don't see the Giants playing an entire game against the Eagles better than they did against the Vikes. But... I do see a W coming on Saturday!  :ok:

True Blue

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 18, 2023, 05:04:35 AMIm not sure the Eagles are prepared for the renewed ferocity the Giants will confront them with

We are going to throw Brightwell in the slot, they won't have an answer for it, and they won't know what hit them. Kayvon is gonna get 3+ sacks, Minshew will have to come in when Hurts hobbles off the field. It is going to be a blood bath

I am thinking Giants 59, Eagles 6 en route to the Championship round

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on January 18, 2023, 10:50:11 AMWe are going to throw Brightwell in the slot, they won't have an answer for it, and they won't know what hit them. Kayvon is gonna get 3+ sacks, Minshew will have to come in when Hurts hobbles off the field. It is going to be a blood bath

You forgot the part where they activate David Sills and he catches 4 TD passes.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

GordonGekko80

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on January 18, 2023, 10:50:11 AMWe are going to throw Brightwell in the slot, they won't have an answer for it, and they won't know what hit them. Kayvon is gonna get 3+ sacks, Minshew will have to come in when Hurts hobbles off the field. It is going to be a blood bath

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 18, 2023, 10:58:01 AMYou forgot the part where they activate David Sills and he catches 4 TD passes.

=))  =))  =))

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Rambo89 on January 18, 2023, 09:47:00 AMSaw this think we also need to remember the Giants were 0-3 in the 1980's against the #1 seed (81, 84 and 85).

All SB winners those years too
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

TDToomer

Quote from: sxdxca38 on January 17, 2023, 08:00:52 PMThey have a 1.000 Win PCT, and the highest winning percentage of any NFL team since 1990 in the playoffs.

The GMEN are confident, and the odds are DJ and the boys are gonna give the Eagles all they can handle.

Link down below, time stamp for the stat is at 1:50 mark

GMEN

Are you counting the Bills and Patriotsx2 in the Super Bowls?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

sxdxca38

Quote from: TDToomer on January 18, 2023, 08:44:13 PMAre you counting the Bills and Patriotsx2 in the Super Bowls?

Hi TD,

That I don't know, if you watch the video link I posted they put a stat that said the GMEN are 6-0 in the playoffs since 1990 when they are going against the #1 seed. So maybe that does include the Bills and Pats, but I'm not sure, it would be a good project to research though  :ok:

TDToomer

Quote from: sxdxca38 on January 18, 2023, 10:01:14 PMHi TD,

That I don't know, if you watch the video link I posted they put a stat that said the GMEN are 6-0 in the playoffs since 1990 when they are going against the #1 seed. So maybe that does include the Bills and Pats, but I'm not sure, it would be a good project to research though  :ok:

The video was too long (as are most of the ones flooding this forum) and wasn't gone to watch it for one stat. Off the top of my head the 6-0 games vs #1 seeds are as follows.

1990 NFC Championship game in SF
1990 Super Bowl vs Buffalo
2007 NFC Divisional playoff game in Dallas
2007 Super Bowl vs New England
2011 NFC Divisional playoff game in GB
2011 Super Bowl vs New England
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

sxdxca38

Quote from: TDToomer on January 19, 2023, 08:58:39 AMThe video was too long (as are most of the ones flooding this forum) and wasn't gone to watch it for one stat. Off the top of my head the 6-0 games vs #1 seeds are as follows.

1990 NFC Championship game in SF
1990 Super Bowl vs Buffalo
2007 NFC Divisional playoff game in Dallas
2007 Super Bowl vs New England
2011 NFC Divisional playoff game in GB
2011 Super Bowl vs New England

TD,

Nice job, I think you are right. I remember every single one of those games too.

Good memory man!