News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

An 81-year-old brain doctor’s 7 ‘hard rules’ for keeping your memory ‘sharp as a

Started by MightyGiants, February 08, 2023, 12:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Interesting stuff. I take better care of my brain than my body. I always have a novel going and read every day as well as play a variety of brain exercising games like Wordle, Sudoku, crosswords, chess, etc. I also play piano and try to come up with new sounds and a catchy tune. Memorizing stuff in artwork is interesting and I'll give that a try. I've heard that Beethoven used to do algebra and calculus even though it had nothing to do with writing music. He did it only as an exercise for his brain. Which must have worked pretty good as he wrote some incredible pieces while deaf (well, rumor now has it that he might have had 5% hearing in his left ear, but for all practical purposes, he was deaf as a door nail

Personally, I fear losing my mind more than losing my body functions (which I don't want to lose either) , as I want to be able to think and communicate at a high level as I get old(er). I don't want my grandchildren to have memories of me as "that old guy who made no sense and talked drivel"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: