News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: On a related note

Started by AZGiantFan, February 13, 2023, 12:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

I thought that was the worst set of commercials during the Super Bowl ever.  It seemed like every one was either stupid or boring.  I can't think of a single one that showed any wit or had entertainment value.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kartanoman

Quote from: AZGiantFan on February 13, 2023, 12:09:42 AMI thought that was the worst set of commercials during the Super Bowl ever.  It seemed like every one was either stupid or boring.  I can't think of a single one that showed any wit or had entertainment value.

Eventually, you learn to mute or turn the channel.

The only thing which topped that were the crappy a$$ drivers invading our region for the game. You really had to be a paranoid defensive driver here this past week. It will start settling down, and then some more when the snowbirds migrate north in a couple of months.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimc

Quote from: AZGiantFan on February 13, 2023, 12:09:42 AMI thought that was the worst set of commercials during the Super Bowl ever.  It seemed like every one was either stupid or boring.  I can't think of a single one that showed any wit or had entertainment value.

They were all trying to be like the half time shows.  And they all stank.....even the half time show.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Bob In PA

My solution was don't watch the game. My wife and I viewed 10 episodes of "Young Sheldon" instead.

I have a subscription to NFL+ so as soon as the game ended I watched the whole thing in 45 minutes.

No commercials, no dumb half-time show, no waiting for challenges and/or official reviews.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kartanoman

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 13, 2023, 08:56:51 AMMy solution was don't watch the game. My wife and I viewed 10 episodes of "Young Sheldon" instead.

I have a subscription to NFL+ so as soon as the game ended I watched the whole thing in 45 minutes.

No commercials, no dumb half-time show, no waiting for challenges and/or official reviews.

Bob

I think we have a winner. Great plan!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

@Bob In PA and @kartanoman

Much of the game was unpleasant for me as it appeared my expectation of the Eagles getting their second SB trophy was coming true.  Then something magical happened, and the Chiefs took over and won the game.  In my opinion, the payoff was worth it as I was very happy that the Chiefs won and more importantly, the Eagles lost.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Best commercial hands down was a local spot that I think was only shown in the Philly area.

It was about 15 seconds and they just flashed this website:

Dallasstillsucks.com

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 13, 2023, 09:21:00 AM@Bob In PA and @kartanoman

Much of the game was unpleasant for me as it appeared my expectation of the Eagles getting their second SB trophy was coming true.  Then something magical happened, and the Chiefs took over and won the game.  In my opinion, the payoff was worth it as I was very happy that the Chiefs won and more importantly, the Eagles lost.

Rich: THAT is yet one more reason why I didn't watch the game live (or even check the score). LOL

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 13, 2023, 09:21:00 AM@Bob In PA and @kartanoman

It definitely got interesting in the fourth quarter and the game piqued my interest at about that time as well.

Peace!

Symphony Steve

Recycled semi-celebrities.  Excessive production, non-existent creativity.

TDToomer

My god you people are such curmudgeons.

Young Sheldon is an awful show. Turned it off after 10 minutes. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Bob In PA

Quote from: TDToomer on February 13, 2023, 02:14:27 PMMy god you people are such curmudgeons.

Young Sheldon is an awful show. Turned it off after 10 minutes. 
TD: That actually was part of the point of my post. I valued even watching "Young Sheldon" as superior to viewing a commerical-filled, delay-filled live game between a team I really dislike and a team I mostly really dislike.

As for "Young Sheldon" you either "get it" or you don't.  Definitely not a show for everyone.

But probably a show for 95% of the fans of "The Big Bang Theory."  A lot of the same people involved in both.

Bob

TDToomer

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 13, 2023, 03:27:37 PMTD: That actually was part of the point of my post. I valued even watching "Young Sheldon" as superior to viewing a commerical-filled, delay-filled live game between a team I really dislike and a team I mostly really dislike.

As for "Young Sheldon" you either "get it" or you don't.  Definitely not a show for everyone.

But probably a show for 95% of the fans of "The Big Bang Theory."  A lot of the same people involved in both.

Bob

The kid is so annoying. He would have been stuffed in his locker and wedge'd daily in my school.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

jimmyz

Lack of creativity is a side effect of being overly anodyne.  It's in the film industry; why would commercials be any different. 
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."