News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Giants and DJ - "Expected to come to an agreement on a long-term contract."

Started by sxdxca38, February 17, 2023, 11:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I like Flowers too. I think he has plenty of talent.

Just remember though that for every Jaylen Waddle there are about 50-100 Rondale Moore types. Waddle also has 10 pounds on Flowers, which is material. Guys that size don't just put on 10 pounds without losing some of their speed/agility. I'm not suggesting Flowers can't succeed at 172, but it's not something to just not care about either.

Also, keep in mind we do already have a receiver about that size that we just used a top 50 pick on, not to mention Richie James, who is decent.

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on February 19, 2023, 08:01:07 PMYou are correct - the Giants need an
X who can line up outside and take the top
off a defense.

As to DJ - the coaches could care less about statistics which are great if you're playing fantasy football. Instead , DJ passes the eyeball test and was in full command of Daboll's offense last year. DJs statistics under Judge and Shurmur doesn't mean a bit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where those eyeballs watching any time we played an actual NFL defense? Just curious because Jones didn't pass the eyeball test in Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, 2 Philly games. Guess we'll just ignore half the schedule and remember the Vikings game. We beat 1 team with a winning record and Jones only passed above 200 yards 7 times, 4 of which we lost.