News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does Thibodeaux have a JPP like sophomore season?

Started by Blue Fire, February 21, 2023, 11:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

We daw some pretty intense flashed from Kayvon here and there throughout the year. Does he make that meteoric rise like JP did his 2nd year where he became almost unblockable on the way to 16.5 sacks.

Could Kayvon be that good?

I don't know of he plays quite up to that but I definitely think he's double digits next year if he stays healthy...

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

EDjohnst1981

I mean if the officials start calling the holds on him, that'll be a start.

I love his motor. The sky is the limit with this kid. 

DaveBrown74

Thibodeaux has plenty of talent. I've been very high on him for years. One development point he has though is to improve his inside swim move. I didn't see enough of that this past season. You can't get a glitzy sack total if you are wholly dependent on only beating guys outside.

Rambo89

The talent is definitely there.  Thank goodness this new regime is running the show otherwise it's doubtful the old guard would have drafted him.  Giants have needed a pass rushing threat like him for the past decade.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

I am not seeing similarities between JPP and Thibs.   JPP was an extremely gifted athlete who came from a smaller program and started football on the latter side.    Thibs went to one of the top programs and came out of college as NFL-ready as any edge rusher.   While I would expect Thibs to improve (but appreciate the chance of a sophomore slump), I don't see a similar situation.  The only thing these two have in common is that they both played for the Giants.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Blue Fire

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 22, 2023, 09:56:40 AMI am not seeing similarities between JPP and Thibs.   JPP was an extremely gifted athlete who came from a smaller program and started football on the latter side.    Thibs went to one of the top programs and came out of college as NFL-ready as any edge rusher.   While I would expect Thibs to improve (but appreciate the chance of a sophomore slump), I don't see a similar situation.  The only thing these two have in common is that they both played for the Giants.

Both are extremely talented pass rushers who obviously had a level of learning curve in their rookie season. The main point is not that stylistically if they are the same but moreso can KT have a big jump in his production similar to JPPs jump.

In this case I do believe he can. Thibs light bulb was definitely flickering on during the latter half of the season. And thats without too much diversity and technique refinement in his pass rush. If he begins to pick up on the nuances and add another counter move or two its very kikely he becomes a consistent terrorsomehwat akin to JPP in his 2nd year!

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Blue Fire on February 22, 2023, 10:26:18 AMBoth are extremely talented pass rushers who obviously had a level of learning curve in their rookie season. The main point is not that stylistically if they are the same but moreso can KT have a big jump in his production similar to JPPs jump.

In this case I do believe he can. Thibs light bulb was definitely flickering on during the latter half of the season. And thats without too much diversity and technique refinement in his pass rush. If he begins to pick up on the nuances and add another counter move or two its very kikely he becomes a consistent terrorsomehwat akin to JPP in his 2nd year!

Other than both players playing for the Giants, I am not seeing any similarity between JPP and Thibs. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Blue Fire

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 22, 2023, 10:29:42 AMOther than both players playing for the Giants, I am not seeing any similarity between JPP and Thibs. 

Do you think Thibs can have a big jump in production anywhere in the range of what JPP did?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Blue Fire on February 22, 2023, 10:33:15 AMDo you think Thibs can have a big jump in production anywhere in the range of what JPP did?

Thibs can have a jump, period.  As I said, I don't see how JPP plays into this.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 22, 2023, 10:41:35 AMThibs can have a jump, period.  As I said, I don't see how JPP plays into this.
JPP and Thibodaux are completely different players. I think Ojulari will play a big factor in Thibodaux having a better season next year.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 22, 2023, 10:52:46 AMJPP and Thibodaux are completely different players. O think Ojulari will play a big factor in Thibodaux having a better season next year.

Ojulari was number 2 in sacks (5.5) despite only participating in 7 games.   If Ojulari can get his body right this offseason, he has the potential to be the team's sack leader.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Blue Fire

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 22, 2023, 10:58:46 AMOjulari was number 2 in sacks (5.5) despite only participating in 7 games.   If Ojulari can get his body right this offseason, he has the potential to be the team's sack leader.

Very true. Ojulari has natural ability to rush the passer he just needs to stay healthy.

sooners56

I don't think Thibs will have more than 10 sacks, so no I don't think Thibs will have a JPP like sophomore season.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

jimmyz

He's been pretty good so far. I'm not sure he's the next sack master to come into the NFL just yet but he has the talent for it.  I think he'll be a good one for years to come.

Kind of wish people would quit interviewing him though. As much as people have raved about his energy and charisma, I see a guy who talks loud, often and about nothing.  I don't think his charm is gonna create as many post football opportunities as he he might think.  He should focus on football and I'm sure he's doing just that.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

kartanoman

Quote from: Blue Fire on February 21, 2023, 11:26:03 PMWe daw some pretty intense flashed from Kayvon here and there throughout the year. Does he make that meteoric rise like JP did his 2nd year where he became almost unblockable on the way to 16.5 sacks.

Could Kayvon be that good?

I don't know of he plays quite up to that but I definitely think he's double digits next year if he stays healthy...

BF.

You asked the proverbial question. Can he remain healthy? That really is one if the keys, in my opinion, for the Thibs to build on his success last season.

With the old turf about to be replaced, I have to say I like the chances he certainly might make it through the season so the sky's the limit.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)