News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Richie James signs with KC

Started by MightyGiants, April 07, 2023, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Chiefs loading up on Giants' castaways  :what:

I read an article from a Chiefs' fan that said, "Mahommes will make him a star"  ~X(

Somehow, I don't think he'll get the same amount of touches he got with the Giants and since he was often the only target available for Danny Dimes, I personally think last year was his best year and will probably never repeat it. It does make me wonder why the FO decided to let him go, because he performed well for us and stayed healthy. Gotta think there was something there that they didn't like...and I don't think it was one muffed kick return
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

y_so_blu

That's too bad. He's a decent player who won't get as many touches anywhere else.

DaveBrown74

The consensus last year here was that our wide receivers were "terrible" and "the worst in the league", so on the whole people should not be overly bothered by this.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 08, 2023, 05:29:17 AMThe consensus last year here was that our wide receivers were "terrible" and "the worst in the league", so on the whole people should not be overly bothered by this.

I think it's hard to argue that they were terrible if you consider money talks.   Our X number one WR Slayton appears to have had little interest in the league and signed a contract with the Giants that could be described as a low-end contract for a typical number 2 WR.   At this point in the signing process, RJ signed with the Chiefs for what was a one-year deal that is likely near the veteran minimum.  Throw in Golladay who is still on the street unsigned, and the indicators are pretty damning in terms of last year's WR corps
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

Yes, terrible receivers supposedly. That said, the Chiefs now have John Ross, Kadarius Toney, and Ritchie James on the roster. I'm not sure what that means but it is interesting.   :-??
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

CVA14

James was not a "terrible" spot player. On the contrary, he performed well. If the Giants had been stabilized and were a more mature team, each of the KC Giants might have been reasonably developed. I think Andy Reid will do just that. But the attention that will require would have been difficult given the state of the Giants in January 2022.

Bob In PA

I think we should focus on the fact that the guy running our offense came from KC. 

I am not surprised about the signing.  It makes sense.

They run an offense in KC that requires the same type of players as our offense, to a large extent.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: CVA14 on April 08, 2023, 08:25:02 AMJames was not a "terrible" spot player. On the contrary, he performed well. If the Giants had been stabilized and were a more mature team, each of the KC Giants might have been reasonably developed. I think Andy Reid will do just that. But the attention that will require would have been difficult given the state of the Giants in January 2022.

Toney appears to be a head case.  With the possible exception of the Cowboys (who have made a living drafting and reigning in bad-character players), I don't think there is an environment where Toney will reasonably develop.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 08, 2023, 05:29:17 AMThe consensus last year here was that our wide receivers were "terrible" and "the worst in the league", so on the whole people should not be overly bothered by this.

He's a solid 3 on most teams that was our #1 basically. collectively, our wr group was awful. but james was ok.

CVA14

I concur on Toney. But just to puruse my observation a bit further on the state of the Giants. Last year at this time the dialogue was all about Jones and Barkley's injury recovery. This year it is on these other needs.

MightyGiants

Quote from: B1GBLUE on April 08, 2023, 08:36:53 AMHe's a solid 3 on most teams that was our #1 basically. collectively, our wr group was awful. but james was ok.

Plus, there was the rotation factor.  Many of the bad WRs (like Marcus Johnson) who started are forgotten.  On top of that it's difficult for an offense to gel with new WRs every week
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: B1GBLUE on April 08, 2023, 08:36:53 AMHe's a solid 3 on most teams that was our #1 basically. collectively, our wr group was awful. but james was ok.

Would you say James was better or worse than Hodgins?

Would you say he was better or worse than Slayton?

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 08, 2023, 09:14:17 AMWould you say James was better or worse than Hodgins?

Would you say he was better or worse than Slayton?

DB: The only thing that I regret about losing Richie James is that no situation was too big for him.

He came through in the clutch as much as possible.

To your point... I agree with the implication. He's not going to ever get any better. IMO his chances are actually better of making the KC team than the Giants. We had so many WR injuries last year, plus they'll draft at least two WR's this year (IMO) that he would have been running well "out-of-the-money" in camp this year.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Good thing the Giants signed Slayton.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin