News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Richie James signs with KC

Started by MightyGiants, April 07, 2023, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Also think Schoen missed a huge opportunity not trading one of our 5ths for Okudah, If healthy its a steal for Atlanta and immediately solves their boundary issue.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 12, 2023, 12:01:17 AMAlso think Schoen missed a huge opportunity not trading one of our 5ths for Okudah, If healthy its a steal for Atlanta and immediately solves their boundary issue.

I would agree that a mere 5 for a corner with as much talent as Okudah has and who is still only 24 would seem like a worthwhile gamble. Obviously Okudah has been a huge disappointment, but it's been more about injuries than anything else. I wouldn't give up a 3 for him, because hurt guys tend to stay hurt (especially on the Giants), but picks later than the 4th round seldom amount to much and more often than not aren't in the league that long. There's still a not totally unrealistic chance that Okudah turns into a good player.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 12, 2023, 12:01:17 AMAlso think Schoen missed a huge opportunity not trading one of our 5ths for Okudah, If healthy its a steal for Atlanta and immediately solves their boundary issue.

The "if" is a big one, given his track record for injury.  The Giants would have needed to borrow $4+ million from the future cap to keep him this season.  He is also a free agent after this season and would be yet another high-end signing the team would have to contend with (if he stays healthy, he would be an expensive signing).

While I always want to be adding talent to the team, I appreciate that cap is limited.  So I can understand wanting to get an expensive starting CB on a rookie contract.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE