News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With OBJ getting a deal, what about DHop?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, April 10, 2023, 05:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Would you trade for him assuming Hopkins would take a pay cut?

Is this a Barkley for DHop and a 3rd round pick opportunity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jclayton92

Absolutely not, an oft-injured, 30 year old with a 20+ million cap.. no thank you. Free agency next year will have plenty of ones that we won't have to give up capital for.

uconnjack8

Hopkins was arguably the best WR in the game from 2017-2020.  He averaged around 1400 yards per season during that time and missed only 2 games.

The now almost 31 year old has only played 19 games in the last 2 years and totaled under 1300 yards.  The arrow is pointing down on him, way down.

ozzie

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 10, 2023, 07:06:03 PMHopkins was arguably the best WR in the game from 2017-2020.  He averaged around 1400 yards per season during that time and missed only 2 games.

The now almost 31 year old has only played 19 games in the last 2 years and totaled under 1300 yards.  The arrow is pointing down on him, way down.

My thoughts exactly.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

No interest.

We're trying to build the foundation of this team with talented young players who will be around for a while. Not add expensive, fading 30-somethings in exchange for draft capital. That's not where we are right now as an organization.

Not to mention I doubt Mara would sign off on a guy who recently had to serve a major suspension for a PED bust.

True Blue

Absolutely not under any circumstances

GordonGekko80

What's good about this is that Schoen looks at it the same way we do.

brownelvis54

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on April 10, 2023, 05:52:10 PMWould you trade for him assuming Hopkins would take a pay cut?

Is this a Barkley for DHop and a 3rd round pick opportunity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would pass Andrew. D-Hop was a great WR, but not worth it at this point in his career
The KING is in the building

Giant Obsession

Schoen And Dabs had a plan all mapped out for this franchise.  This is just the BEGINNING of year 2 of that plan.  They have no reason not to trust their plan and the process at this point.

Reasonable upgrades thru free agency and a bountiful draft this year and last (when graded out in a couple of years) are what will be steering this ship. 

Finally there is sanity in our future.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon