News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Are their any prospects you DON'T want the Giants to draft at 25?

Started by MightyGiants, April 11, 2023, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

to limit the list someone, it needs to be a player you have seen mocked to the Giants or the Giants took a visit with and is projected to go in round one
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I don't have any true throw-the-remote guys this year that I'll really lose my mind about, but one guy I see mocked to us all the time that I don't want is Jordan Addison.

I actually don't think he'll be that bad of a player. I think he'll be decent. But the combo of the lack of elite athleticism AND the lack of size to me just sets a pretty low ceiling at the NFL level. He may be high floor too, but 25th is still a high enough pick that I want some real upside with it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 11, 2023, 01:54:30 PMI have a lot lol.

You can list them.

For me pretty much any center at 25 would be less than desirable (none of them are first-round worthy in my opinion)

At WR I am not a fan of:

Jordan Addison, Wide Receiver, USC (COM)
Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (COM)
Quentin Johnston, Wide Receiver, TCU (COM)

All those WRs I would be happier with later than 25

other players

Cam Smith, Cornerback, South Carolina (PRI) (too grabby)
Kelee Ringo, Cornerback, Georgia (COM)- I think he ends up at safety
Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)- just no
Brian Branch (so him to the Giants in Lance Zerline's latest mock)-  just not first-round worthy

Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (COM)-  great as a day 3 pick, but too old and not a need to be a round one pick

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

4 Aces

Sorry for this type of response because you've asked a legitimate question. But one thing I've learned is not to do what you're saying.

I wanted nothing to do with Corey Webster or JPP. I loved the Marvin Austin and Ereck Flowers picks.

And sometimes I'm right. (I hated the David Wilson, Eli Apple and Justin Pugh picks.)

It's just so hard to predict. NFL GMs struggle. You can never tell what someone's reaction will be while simultaneously getting paid and facing the vicious, cutthroat league of pro football. "Take the money and run" happens a lot.   

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2023, 02:03:53 PMYou can list them.

For me pretty much any center at 25 would be less than desirable (none of them are first-round worthy in my opinion)

At WR I am not a fan of:

Jordan Addison, Wide Receiver, USC (COM)
Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (COM)
Quentin Johnston, Wide Receiver, TCU (COM)

All those WRs I would be happier with later than 25

other players

Cam Smith, Cornerback, South Carolina (PRI) (too grabby)
Kelee Ringo, Cornerback, Georgia (COM)- I think he ends up at safety
Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)- just no
Brian Branch (so him to the Giants in Lance Zerline's latest mock)-  just not first-round worthy

Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (COM)-  great as a day 3 pick, but too old and not a need to be a round one pick

All of the guys you listed plus I'm not that fond of DJ Turner, got hyped bc of his speed.

Also:

Mazi Smith- Michigan Dlineman never flourish and he does nothing spectacular.

Any of the Ots as I don't like any of them and we don't need it.

Most of the Edge guys like McDonald, White, etc I wouldn't be a fan of with the exception being maybe if Wilson or Uzomah falls.

Brian Branch

Deonte Banks

Bryan Breese after doing more tape he's just to big of a gamble even at 25.

I'm weary on all the Wrs and don't particularly like any of them outside Mingo and Flowers but with all our needs I think Flowers is a luxury we can't afford.

Cam smith's junior(sophomore) year was significantly better than this year and I'm just not sure on him, not as sure as I am on Witherspoon, Porter, Forbes, and Gonzalez.

I wouldn't want any of the linebackers or safeties at 25 either.

Oh and absolute no to Hendon hooker as well.

Feels like I've eliminated more than half the 1st round +.

Bob In PA

Rich: I've only done the offensive positions so far.

That being said... I'm answering the opposite question to the one being asked. This is who I want.  Anyone else... I don't want. LOL

There are 18 guys (2 X's, 4 Z's, 1 slot, 4 C's & 7 G's). No other positions on offense for me.

X receivers - Michael Wilson, Stanford; Don'Tayvion Wicks, Virginia.
Z receivers - Zae Flowers, Boston College; Jordan Addison, USC; Trey Palmer, Nebraska; Quentin Johnson, TCU.
Slot receiver - Jaxson Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
C's - Alex Forsythe, Oregon; J Michael-Schmitz, Minnesota, Juice Scruggs, Penn State; Mark Evans, Arkansas Pine Bluff
G's - Jordan McFadden, Clemson; O'Cyrus Torrence, Florida; Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame; Jaxson Kirkland, Washington; 
      Jon Gaines, UCLA; Chandler Zavala, North Carolina State; Joey Fisher, Shepherd University (it's in W. Virginia LOL).

Bob

PS. Forgot to mention... these guys are all IMO 1st-round-worthy prospects who are ready-to-play-now.  If one should happen to fall to the Giants in ROUND TWO and they don't take him, then I WILL throw the remote.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

Like any of that matters one tiny goddamn bit. How self-aggrandizing even for a silly season. Would it not be better to consider one's self-respect before engaging vacuous nonsense which for that reason alone we can't say is harmless.  :( 

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on April 11, 2023, 04:34:16 PMLike any of that matters one tiny goddamn bit. How self-aggrandizing even for a silly season. Would it not be better to consider one's self-respect before engaging vacuous nonsense which for that reason alone we can't say is harmless.  :( 

Cheers!

Larry,

I just got a PM today from a long time member.   He told me he finds your arrogance, constant complaining and rudeness off-putting (to paraphrase).  He said he is posting less as a result.   I also wonder if post like this one may keep people who currently just read from joining in. 

What do you think?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: 4 Aces on April 11, 2023, 03:56:43 PMSorry for this type of response because you've asked a legitimate question. But one thing I've learned is not to do what you're saying.

I wanted nothing to do with Corey Webster or JPP. I loved the Marvin Austin and Ereck Flowers picks.

And sometimes I'm right. (I hated the David Wilson, Eli Apple and Justin Pugh picks.)

It's just so hard to predict. NFL GMs struggle. You can never tell what someone's reaction will be while simultaneously getting paid and facing the vicious, cutthroat league of pro football. "Take the money and run" happens a lot.   

This is a fair point.  I certainly have my share of misses
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 11, 2023, 04:01:06 PMAll of the guys you listed plus I'm not that fond of DJ Turner, got hyped bc of his speed.

Also:

Most of the Edge guys like McDonald, White, etc I wouldn't be a fan of with the exception being maybe if Wilson or Uzomah falls.

Brian Branch

Deonte Banks

I'm weary on all the Wrs and don't particularly like any of them outside Mingo and Flowers but with all our needs I think Flowers is a luxury we can't afford.

Cam smith's junior(sophomore) year was significantly better than this year and I'm just not sure on him, not as sure as I am on Witherspoon, Porter, Forbes, and Gonzalez.

Good point

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 11, 2023, 04:18:58 PMRich: I've only done the offensive positions so far.

That being said... I'm answering the opposite question to the one being asked. This is who I want.  Anyone else... I don't want. LOL

There are 18 guys (2 X's, 4 Z's, 1 slot, 4 C's & 7 G's). No other positions on offense for me.

Z receivers - Zae Flowers, Boston College; Jordan Addison, USC; Trey Palmer, Nebraska; Quentin Johnson, TCU.
C's - Alex Forsythe, Oregon; J Michael-Schmitz, Minnesota, Juice Scruggs, Penn State; Mark Evans, Arkansas Pine Bluff
G's - Jordan McFadden, Clemson; O'Cyrus Torrence, Florida; Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame; Jaxson Kirkland, Washington; 
      Jon Gaines, UCLA; Chandler Zavala, North Carolina State; Joey Fisher, Shepherd University (it's in W. Virginia LOL).

Bob

PS. Forgot to mention... these guys are all IMO 1st-round-worthy prospects who are ready-to-play-now.  If one should happen to fall to the Giants in ROUND TWO and they don't take him, then I WILL throw the remote.

How many first rounders do you have?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 11, 2023, 04:18:58 PMRich: I've only done the offensive positions so far.

Bob

Interesting that you have Michael Wilson on your list. I have never seen a WR with his talent fly so far under the radar and get virtually no press. There are guys who will be 7th round picks and UDFAs who get more press than this guy. He's 6'2" and a pure X receiver with game to him. He's a baller!

Well, I watched all the practices and final game of the Reese's Senior Bowl, and he was a one-man wrecking crew - going long, cut backs, shedding CBs, etc. He did it all. Caught everything thrown his direction and made CBs look silly trying to cover him. He could have easily been the MVP of the Senior Bowl

How is it that his name is virtually unknown amongst the internet sleuths and draftnicks. It isn't much better amongst the paid talking heads on TV...well, except when they were covering the Senior Bowl. He's so underrated that I think he will be available in the third round, and he has first round talent IMHO. I wouldn't be surprised if Schoen knows all about him because, although he's not a burner (4.56/40), he is a tremendous separator and goes down the sideline catching everything. PFF calls him, "a cantankerous run blocker" and "very good gunner on special teams". Regardless of his combine results and lack of top-end speed, he passed the eye test for me. Energetic, scrappy, and was the star of the WRs at the Senior Bowl. Big time sleeper pick
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 11, 2023, 04:01:06 PMAll of the guys you listed plus I'm not that fond of DJ Turner, got hyped bc of his speed.

Also:

Brian Branch

Deonte Banks

Aidan Huthinson was runner up Rookie of the Year and had 9.5 sacks his rookie year in 2022.

Rashan Gary had 9.5 sacks in 2021 and had 6 sacks before he was lost to an ACL ligament tear.  Packers have him as leader of their D.

Pretty good DL players from Michigan if you ask me.

DJ Turner - in 2022, QBs completed 39.3% of their passes against him.  That is really low.  He was consistent all season and tackles well and has explosive movements.  Not sure how you can be down on him.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2023, 05:32:16 PMHow many first rounders do you have?
Rich: I know I was verbose and maybe "buried the lede" in my post... or maybe you read it before I added the PS.
In any event, ALL of the 18 names I listed deserve (in my opinion) to be drafted in the first round and if any are taken, including some you haven't heard of before, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I suspect that after I go through the defensive players there might be another 10-15, so there will be roughly 34 to 38 when I'm done... I guess.  Also I ignored QB's completely. There are no TE's or T's to whom I gave a first-round grade.

Last but not least, I want to mention that the guys with HIGH second-round grades this year are IMO more numerous than I can ever remember seeing. Same with the third round.

Bob

PS. In short, as to the offense, I believe this year's draft is CHOCK FULL of solid NFL players, although there are fewer than usual "sure-fire-stars" and truly exceptional players. Even the fourth round will produce a lot more starters than usual.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!