News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The First Three picks a foregone conclusion ???

Started by brownelvis54, April 11, 2023, 03:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

While looking around at mock drafts. Reading post here. Looking at the team as a whole.....is rounds 1 to 3 a foregone conclusion ? It feels that way..to me at least. I asked about an EDGE in round 2 and most were not high on the idea. Someone posted " would you pass on Bijan Robinson if there at 25" and the majority were against it.

The overall consensus on the players needed in the upcoming draft is:

1-WR
2-CB
3-Center

The only true debate is the order in which the players are picked.

I am sure the Giants have their list on 1st round WRs, Centers and CBs, and the list continues to the 2nd round and 3rd as well.

One player I could see falling and may make the Giants pause is Brian Branch, a safety who also played CB

But again, is the first three picks (position wise) already set in stone?
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

I don't believe that it is a foregone conclusion, no. Schoen does not seem like the type to have a pre-programmed position plan, especially for picking this low in the draft.

I think the three positions you just laid out are probably the most likely three to be picked with the first three picks, but do I think it's out of the question that say a DT or EDGE could be among our first three picks? Or an off ball LB? Or a safety? No, definitely not. I think any or all of those are totally possible.

Jimmycal99

I think they will go some combo of CB/5T or 5T/CB as first two picks.  Would guess from there its WR/C/S in some order

Philosophers

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jimmycal99 on April 11, 2023, 03:39:09 PMI think they will go some combo of CB/5T or 5T/CB as first two picks.  Would guess from there its WR/C/S in some order

No. I just typed those in no particular order. I think you can get a center in the 3rd round, but would rather draft one in the 2nd round.  I think in the 1st round we get the best WR/CB and in the 3rd round we get the best WR/CB. Second round is our center
The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

I really hope they keep cruising right past Brian Branch because I'm not a fan. I don't think we should even assume we will have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds or what positions we will take as that puts the team in a box to get jumped like the Eagles did to us for Smith.

I think us bringing in all the Wrs could be a smoke screen for who we really want at the backend of the 1st.