News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ESPN odds on who the Giants select and who will be available.

Started by MightyGiants, April 12, 2023, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Here is how ESPN describes how they came up with these odds

QuoteThe underlying model is based on prospect grades from Scouts Inc, expert mock drafts, and team needs along with a few other factors. The Predictor considers these factors in proportion to how accurate they have been in the past.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Basically my nightmare scenario all those guys we have a good chance at getting lol.

Jolly Blue Giant

Basically zero chance of JSN being available  :boooo:

Truth is, the more I study and listen to podcasts/YouTube videos and their discussions of wide receivers, I question how smart it is to take a WR in the first round. Unless of course, JSN somehow falls. He won't
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 12, 2023, 01:17:38 PMBasically zero chance of JSN being available  :boooo:

Truth is, the more I study and listen to podcasts/YouTube videos and their discussions of wide receivers, I question how smart it is to take a WR in the first round. Unless of course, JSN somehow falls. He won't

I did a little research.  The bust rate of 1st round WRs is surprisingly high.  Plus there seems to be nearly as good a chance of finding a good WR in round 2 than round 1 (in a generic draft)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 12, 2023, 12:03:18 PMBasically my nightmare scenario all those guys we have a good chance at getting lol.

My dream scenario! With the 25th pick, the NYG select Deonte Banks.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Stringer Bell on April 12, 2023, 02:54:44 PMMy dream scenario! With the 25th pick, the NYG select Deonte Banks.
Ehhh His lack of production, Recovery issues, and hips have him down my list quite a bit. He's probably the number 5 or 6 corner for me in this class.