News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Per 33rd team 9 prospects that are likely to be drafted too early

Started by MightyGiants, April 12, 2023, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Well, rather than scrambling to find out why I can rest safe in the knowledge the only one on my Giants only draft target board is Murphy! I don't think #25 is anywhere near as high as many have projected his value to be though  :-??

MightyGiants

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 12, 2023, 02:37:21 PMWell, rather than scrambling to find out why I can rest safe in the knowledge the only one on my Giants only draft target board is Murphy! I don't think #25 is anywhere near as high as many have projected his value to be though  :-??

Murphy was knocked for being too high compared to his production. A strong majority of mocks have him going in the top 20.

Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson
Big Board Rank: 24

Murphy is a talented player, but his production is modest, and he does not quite play up to his ability level. He finished 2022 with six sacks and 11 tackles for loss, down from his 2021 numbers of eight sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss.

There are some concerns about Murphy's effort. He needs to become a better finisher in the backfield, which leaves you wanting more after watching his film. Still, his athleticism might get drafted him higher than he should be.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Yeah he seems to be getting taken regularly in that 12 to 20 range in most mocks. I like the Uzomah kid more.

Rosehill Jimmy

I heard one of the pundits say (sorry, can't remember who) that Swinney called out Murphy this year for lack of effort. According to this guy, Dabo never throws shade at his players so this was a noteworthy occurrence
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on April 12, 2023, 05:01:30 PMI heard one of the pundits say (sorry, can't remember who) that Swinney called out Murphy this year for lack of effort. According to this guy, Dabo never throws shade at his players so this was a noteworthy occurrence

If that's true I can't see him being on our board at all. Gotta remember that Schoen was on the sidelines at least one Clemson game so he's likely to have been able to see whose bringing the energy

MightyGiants

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 14, 2023, 03:54:07 AMIf that's true I can't see him being on our board at all. Gotta remember that Schoen was on the sidelines at least one Clemson game so he's likely to have been able to see whose bringing the energy

A
Plus he no doubt talked to the coaches.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE