News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Cowboys game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 10, 2023, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nicky1000 on September 10, 2023, 11:42:15 PMNone of these aged well and I say that as someone who was telling everyone the same thing.

Nobody in this forum predicted even a close Giants loss tonight.

DaveBrown74

Speaking for myself, I'll say this right now: If they beat Arizona, I'm not going to feel a heck of a lot better about things. I'm going to need to see two or three good performances before I can start to get over this.

True Blue

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 10, 2023, 11:46:14 PMSpeaking for myself, I'll say this right now: If they beat Arizona, I'm not going to feel a heck of a lot better about things. I'm going to need to see two or three good performances before I can start to get over this.

I agree, we need to be multiple games above .500 before I can start to feel good.

Week 3 looks daunting atm, maybe tomorrow morning not as much let's hope some sleep helps

DaveBrown74

A night to forget, but one no Giant player, coach, or fan will ever forget:

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1701083035527954684

files58

I've been doing this Giant fan thing since 1965. My eyes have seen ALOT of bad stuff. Then 4 Super Bowls happened. Thus the bad stuff ain't as bad as it was before. The turds have won 4 playoff games in the past 25 years. Wanna know what pisses me off. That Mara allows the pasture puck fans into his stadium when they play our GMEN. If I were him all the extra tickets that they get their hooves on would be bought by me way before they had the opportunity to purchase, and charitably distributed so that the league's PR machine is kept happy.

GloryDays

As fu**ed up and painful as it sounds, I caught myself hoping that Dallas is just too good so we don't really stink!!

Rambo89

Quote from: files58 on September 11, 2023, 12:18:32 AMI've been doing this Giant fan thing since 1965. My eyes have seen ALOT of bad stuff. Then 4 Super Bowls happened. Thus the bad stuff ain't as bad as it was before. The turds have won 4 playoff games in the past 25 years. Wanna know what pisses me off. That Mara allows the pasture puck fans into his stadium when they play our GMEN. If I were him all the extra tickets that they get their hooves on would be bought by me way before they had the opportunity to purchase, and charitably distributed so that the league's PR machine is kept happy.

This is what happens when you put in PSLs and price out the die hards turning them over to businesses who just sell off the tickets.  His greed created this.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 10, 2023, 11:46:14 PMSpeaking for myself, I'll say this right now: If they beat Arizona, I'm not going to feel a heck of a lot better about things. I'm going to need to see two or three good performances before I can start to get over this.

Well we have SF in week coming off 3 days rest. You might be waiting a little bit.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on September 11, 2023, 06:32:39 AMWell we have SF in week coming off 3 days rest. You might be waiting a little bit.

I did not make that comment expecting to not be waiting for a while after what I saw last night.

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 11, 2023, 12:00:31 AMA night to forget, but one no Giant player, coach, or fan will ever forget:

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1701083035527954684

Sums up the entire team.  Jones was awful as well as his entire team
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 06:47:54 AMSums up the entire team.  Jones was awful as well as his entire team

I agree. Jones' night was the result of terrible play around him AND very poor play on his own part. A vicious cocktail that, all mixed together, led to the results he had. His throws were consistently off, including when he had more than sufficient time for an NFL QB to deliver a solid throw. He was very lucky to not have three INTs, so for those determined to 100% white-wash the INT involving Barkley is being disingenuous if they also want to look the other way on that dropped third pick.

It was a dreadful performance all around by the passing offense, which includes everyone involved. Worse than anything I saw last year, and last year they were bottom third in the league. And the rest of the team clearly stunk too. Even Gano was bad.

RelaxTension

The 49ers front 7 will manhandle this oline just as bad as the Cowboys did so even a win against AZ will only last a few days.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

TDToomer

When was the last time the Giants were shut out by more than 40 points? I know we lost to the Panthers 38-0 in 2013 and the Falcons 34-0 in 2012.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

drakew

i have never seen this bad of a shutout loss EVER!!!!EVER!!!!!
NO OFFENSIVE LINE....

P>O>S> cowturd fan told me to not feel bad, the turds' defense is that good, he said

NO, OUR OFFENSIVE LINE IS THAT BAD
SEVEN SACKS AND THREE HITS
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

nicky1000

Quote from: True Blue on September 10, 2023, 11:43:48 PMThis game was painful for everyone. No need for this type of call out to add salt to the wounds.

Not sure you read my post accurately; I am saying I was saying the SAME thing. It was an awful game and one I felt we had a great chance of winning. How wrong I was.