News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- DJ 70% 321 Yards 2 TD 1 Int 103.5 RTG 79.0 QBR

Started by sxdxca38, September 17, 2023, 10:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 18, 2023, 11:41:11 AMAgree. As I said in another thread, my guess is Daboll did, in fact, call some plays yesterday. And he would not go on the record with that as to not throw Kafka under the bus / shatter his confidence.

Or hurt his brand given he's clearly trying to become a HC.

Puffy

Quote from: True Blue on September 18, 2023, 08:32:30 AMYeah, Because this group is better than Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward right?

None of these guys except Barkley who is possibly going to miss time, none of them are even close to the same level as any of those guys.

Deppest they ever had?  :what:

Or Morris, OJ and Meggett. 

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 18, 2023, 11:41:11 AMAgree. As I said in another thread, my guess is Daboll did, in fact, call some plays yesterday. And he would not go on the record with that as to not throw Kafka under the bus / shatter his confidence.

they had one shot of kafka looking PISSED in the booth. could be cause we were getting killed, could be cause dabs took away PCD

AZGiantFan

Another way of looking at it is, having played one series all pre-season those first 6 quarters were effectively the completion of his pre-season.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Dgoodmantrublu

Meh. We are transitioning to a passing centric offense. We are going to pass far more often. And the 2nd and 10 run is the most inefficient play call in football.

Quote from: GMenRF on September 18, 2023, 11:51:19 AMMore specifically us calling 3 straight pass plays and going 3 and out in the series right after the blocked FG was a more of a panic move given we were moving the ball with the run.

Again all in hindsight and probably beaten to death in the threads the past week.

TDToomer

Quote from: Puffy on September 18, 2023, 12:19:11 PMOr Morris, OJ and Meggett. 

Joe Morris never got to play with Meggett. He was injured in a preseason game during Meggett's rookie year, missed the entire season, and was released.

How about 1990: OJ, Hampton, Tillman, Meggett.  Damn!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on September 18, 2023, 03:50:47 PMJoe Morris never got to play with Meggett. He was injured in a preseason game during Meggett's rookie year, missed the entire season, and was released.

Remember Rodney Hampton ended up being the #1RB that season taking over for OJ.  Wasn't until Hampton got hurt in the playoffs that OJ came back in a regular leading role.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Puffy

Quote from: TDToomer on September 18, 2023, 03:50:47 PMJoe Morris never got to play with Meggett. He was injured in a preseason game during Meggett's rookie year, missed the entire season, and was released.

My bad - go back to Galbreath, Morris and Anderson then.  Tong G. was a 3rd down god (running, receiving and blocking)

AZGiantFan

The larger point is that Brieda, Brightwell, and Grey are not the deepest trio of Giants RBs ever, the absurd premise that kicked this off.  And that none of this has anything to do with the topic of the thread.  He keeps trawling because the fish keep biting.  There are people who crave attention, even negative attention.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll