News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Brock Purdy vs Giants - and what I saw after rewatching the game -

Started by sxdxca38, September 24, 2023, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

This is not a knock-on Brock Purdy, but this is what I saw from him last night that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

1st half

A) He throws a pass to his right mid-range, and was about to be intercepted by CB Adoree Jackson, but his TE knocked the ball away, bailing him out.

B) He throws a deep shot to the left sideline TD area, CB Deonte Banks has perfect coverage, and is about to intercept him for a second time, but the ball goes right through his hands.

C) He throws another ball behind Jennings, but his receiver actually catches it.

D) He throws another ball that is deflected in the air by Davidson at the line of scrimmage, but no Giants player is in the area to intercept it.

E) He throws a ball to Deebo, it hits him in his hands but the ball pops straight up in the air, and instead of being intercepted it falls right into Ronnie Bells hands for a completion.

F) He throws another deep ball to the end zone, but for some reason Darnay Holmes pulls up as it could have been intercepted for the 4th time that night.

He was 25/37 for 310 Yards 2 TD 0 Int 111.3 RTG

But honestly, he easily could have had 2-3 interceptions if it wasn't for the breaks he caught.

They also accumulated over 201 yards after the catch, which did show up on the stat sheet.

Paradoxically when Daniel Jones throws the ball to Waller, it hits him right in the hands but when he pops the ball up in the air, there were seven 49ers around to intercept it.

As Ed has already wisely brought out, the Giants didn't even give their running game a chance to nullify the pass rush and to keep the defense honest.

Defensively there is no question the 49ers are superior, as the Giants D has got to be one of the worst in the league right now, as they struggle just to stop the run.

My point in all of this, is that there are way more problems for the Giants then just putting all of the blame on DJ.

Curious your thoughts? 

Ed Vette

I didn't read any remarks here or anywhere that put the blame of this game on DJ. Did you mean collectively all three games?

I think you made a clear point that the breaks aren't going their way and that also had an affect on the outcome.

Physicality, game plan, focus, injuries, tackling, bad luck, talent, play calling. You're spot on, it's a lot of things they need to work through.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sxdxca38

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 24, 2023, 07:57:08 PMI didn't read any remarks here or anywhere that put the blame of this game on DJ. Did you mean collectively all three games?

I think you made a clear point that the breaks aren't going their way and that also had an affect on the outcome.

Physicality, game plan, focus, injuries, tackling, bad luck, talent, play calling. You're spot on, it's a lot of things they need to work through.

Hi,

Its more the media and their take on things, especially the ridicule that came from the 49ers anonymous players.

Sometimes when you mock a player that may come back to bite you in the end, we will just have to see how this plays out.

They've got what 14 more games to go, let's see where they are at, at the halfway point.

kartanoman

You practice hard, you work hard, you make your breaks and sometimes the breaks fall your way. That happens when you are a good football team. The opposite also holds true, most of the time. Your observations were keen, and spot on, but the 49ers are a much better team than the Giants right now and that's what happened.

Look, Bill Parcells' 1984 Giants went through the same thing during Bill Walsh's masterpiece 15-1 season while defeating the Giants and Bears before dismantling the Dolphins to cap one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. Don't think for one second that Parcells didn't use the 31-10 MNF loss, as well as the 21-10 Divisional Playoff defeat as a springboard to improve the team so they could compete against the league champions in the future. Sure enough, they got their revenge in the 1985 NFC Wild Card Game when the 49ers came to Giants Stadium for the first ever Giant home playoff game there and defeated their nemesis 17-3. Only a season later, when the Giants were ready to claim the NFL Championship, they gave the 49ers some retribution of past playoff defeats in the now-legendary 49-3 Divisional Playoff victory.

Daboll is going to have to find a way to get better and compete with the boys by the bay because his team isn't prepared to carry their jock strap at this point.

It's over and nothing can be done about it right now. Onto the Seattle game which becomes an important home game.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)