News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tiki calls out Giants effort on defense, notes missed tackles

Started by MightyGiants, September 26, 2023, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

I will never understand the ungratefulness some Giants fans to arguably the greatest Running Back in team history. Unlike the current RB who was crowned a HOF Gold Jacket on draft day Tike was almost never injured.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on September 28, 2023, 05:03:34 PMI will never understand the ungratefulness some Giants fans to arguably the greatest Running Back in team history. Unlike the current RB who was crowned a HOF Gold Jacket on draft day Tike was almost never injured.

How he handled his 2006 season off the field, how he ripped Eli after he retired and most of all how he ripped Tom Coughlin the coach who saved his career after he retired is why I don't like Tiki.  He was a great player for the Giants who I respect for that but as a person he's a selfish entitled jerk.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

GloryDays

Quote from: kingm56 on September 27, 2023, 08:34:36 AMWho would you identify as a tough-guy on the current Giants team?  In the past, we had Keith "Hammer" Hamilton, Rich Suebert, LT, etc...  We simply don't have that type of mentality on either side of the ball. 

Not many on this team; Love was one that put his body on the line to stop the opponent from getting any more yards.
If you are afraid of hitting big strong guys, you are in the wrong business.

GloryDays

I appreciate Tiki for being a fan of the Giants first and a commentator second... someone had to say it who was an X giant great.

Stringer Bell

I rank Tiki takes on the Giants right up there with Toney takes on the Giants. Could not care less what these bitter little men think.

TDToomer

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 28, 2023, 05:05:58 PMHow he handled his 2006 season off the field, how he ripped Eli after he retired and most of all how he ripped Tom Coughlin the coach who saved his career after he retired is why I don't like Tiki.  He was a great player for the Giants who I respect for that but as a person he's a selfish entitled jerk.

Get over it and move on. It's in the past. He defends the Giants all the time now.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

andrew_nyGiants

He was 100% correct. I appreciate his honesty.

I'd love to see him in the locker room spreading the same message.

Daboll likes the connection with the past by bringing players in, why not include Barber.

Break the team down, Tiki!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Giantleap56

Tiki was a great running back, yes he can be an over smart jerk with his mouth, Eli did shut it.  With that said do you want to be lied to? You all saw with your own eyes the effort level the Giants have been giving. We need honest to God truths in this world all around.

I'm going to give the SF game a pass because they were in it for most part on a short week out west for 2 weeks vs an elite team. The season start on Monday it's the 4th game rust and malaise of preseason should be over. Effort should be high from now until Super Bowl ends.

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on October 01, 2023, 10:36:56 AMGet over it and move on. It's in the past. He defends the Giants all the time now.

It's a blind defense now that comes across as over the top and fake.  He's never apologized for what he said and did to Coughlin and Eli.  Until there is a public apology from him I'm not forgiving.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Painter

You don't have to like Tiki to know that he is absolutely right in his critique of the Giants Defense as weak in effort and feckless in tackling.

If it doesn't show up against Geno and S'hawks as did the Jet's D against Mahomes and K.C. yesterday, it might well be the beginning of long and unhappy season.

Cheers!