News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - NCAA Football Week 5 Thread

Started by DaveBrown74, September 30, 2023, 11:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Not a marquee slate, but not bad. Key games:

USC -22 at Colorado: Can Coach Prime deal with adversity and have his guys ready to keep this one competitive in front of their home fans?

LSU -2.5 at Ole Miss: Marquee SEC battle.

Cuse +7 at Clemson: A win here by the Cuse would really legitimize them and thrust them into the top 25.

ND -5.5 at Duke: ND had a heartbreaking loss at home against OSU last week. Can they bounce back from that and take care of business on the road against a tough Duke team?

Florida +1 at Kentucky: Kentucky is sneaky decent this year. Tough road spot for a potentially overrated Gators team.

A friend of mine told me that some pro scouts said that Caleb Williams is a top 10 QB in the world right now. Really looking forward to getting eyes on him as I haven't watched him since last year.

DaveBrown74

Not a great start for Coach Prime and the Buffs.

Lots of game left though.

Jclayton92

Man Ole Miss really needs this one after last week.

If you catch the Ole miss game watch out for Sutariane Perkins our true Freshman linebacker was a 5* top 10 player and looks like the next Patrick Willis. He'll likely be spying Jayden Daniel's tonight.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 30, 2023, 01:39:20 PMMan Ole Miss really needs this one after last week.

If you catch the Ole miss game watch out for Sutariane Perkins our true Freshman linebacker was a 5* top 10 player and looks like the next Patrick Willis. He'll likely be spying Jayden Daniel's tonight.

Thanks - will definitely check him out.

The Colorado D is a disgrace. I understand Caleb Williams is an exceptional player, but they're not getting any kind of a rush on him and the Trojan receivers are wide open downfield.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 30, 2023, 01:43:54 PMThanks - will definitely check him out.

The Colorado D is a disgrace. I understand Caleb Williams is an exceptional player, but they're not getting any kind of a rush on him and the Trojan receivers are wide open downfield.
Yeah it'll take him a couple years to recruit actual linemen

DaveBrown74

UGA is not looking dominant at all this year. I think losing Monken has hurt them.

Decent offensive showing by the Buffs... good job to not get embarrassed in back to back weeks. Their schedule gets easier now.

Caleb Williams looked great today. His INT was his one bad moment but he more than made up for that with tons of great looking throws. I fully buy into the consensus narrative that he'll be a major star at the next level.

Florida is overrated as usual... not top 25 material.

Tough day for the Cuse. I think they had some injuries though.

ND needs to get it done tonight. Their season is still alive.

Jclayton92

31 to 28 at the half ole miss vs LSU, where was this offense last week...

If Ole Miss takes down lsu they could potentially come for Georgia and be right back in the discussion.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 30, 2023, 07:43:11 PM31 to 28 at the half ole miss vs LSU, where was this offense last week...

If Ole Miss takes down lsu they could potentially come for Georgia and be right back in the discussion.

For sure. College football is completely wide open this year. There are no legitimately elite teams this year.

Jclayton92

Wow I can breathe now, crazy game in Oxford

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 30, 2023, 09:52:44 PMWow I can breathe now, crazy game in Oxford

Crazy game. Not a night to be a defensive coordinator LOL.

Sick finish by ND. Great composure by Hartman on the game winning drive. Next week they are on the road against a frisky 5-0 Louisville team, and then back home against USC. They also still have to play in Clemson, which is never easy. Running the table from here will be hard, but if they do it I think they'll be in the playoffs. This was a sick schedule, and if the only loss was a last second heartbreaker to the best team in the country, the committee is going to look very favorably on them.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 30, 2023, 09:52:44 PMWow I can breathe now, crazy game in Oxford

Indeed. There are a couple Old Miss players I'd like to see us draft but none of them are on defense.

Philosophers

That was a Big 12 defensive effort by both teams.

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on October 01, 2023, 08:07:25 AMIndeed. There are a couple Old Miss players I'd like to see us draft but none of them are on defense.
Yeah Tre Harris our Wr just catches Tds and Judkins finally got going, our spell back has crazy burst.

The D is super young, most are Freshman, Sophomores, or transfer guys so hoping they play better as the season progresses.