News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who will the Giants miss more Monday Night?

Started by MightyGiants, October 01, 2023, 07:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will the Giants miss more on Monday night?

MightyGiants

With perhaps the Giants two best offensive players being out Monday night, who will be missed more?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Probably Barkley, because this game is going to be all about scoring (for both teams), so to be missing a potent playmaker like him clearly hurts.

Thomas is obviously a big loss, but Seattle's pass rush is minimal, and we have seen Ezeudu more than hold his own against a subpar D in Arizona.

In short, for this game specifically, I think the dropoff from Barkley to Breida means more than the dropoff from Thomas to Ezeudu.

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 01, 2023, 07:58:37 AMProbably Barkley, because this game is going to be all about scoring (for both teams), so to be missing a potent playmaker like him clearly hurts.

Thomas is obviously a big loss, but Seattle's pass rush is minimal, and we have seen Ezeudu more than hold his own against a subpar D in Arizona.

In short, for this game specifically, I think the dropoff from Barkley to Breida means more than the dropoff from Thomas to Ezeudu.

This is a great way of looking at it regarding the drop off from the starter to the back up being greater for the RB than it is at Left Tackle.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

For this game it's Barkley. Based on last game, we have to assume Daboll and Kafka won't run without Barkley. If Barkley plays it will somewhat mitigate the pass rush. If it were Dallas or Philly then I would say Thomas. I think Josh can hold up. Good gosh, it's Josh!
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I'll miss our above average, physical, clutch, running back by committee.

Especially in a game like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

T200

I said 'Other'

They're going to miss having an offensive play caller because Dab/Ka is MIA.  :surrender:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

drakew

"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

GloryDays

Our back up RBs are capable of running effectively if the O line does its job. Same with DJ.
It's all on the line.

True Blue

I voted Barkley

Thomas is a better player and bigger loss, but to me EZ has shown some level of competency whereas Breida is just not very good

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on October 02, 2023, 12:45:54 PMOur back up RBs are capable of running effectively if the O line does its job. Same with DJ.
It's all on the line.

That doesn't answer the question but can see how it always has to be about the line to deflect away.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: True Blue on October 02, 2023, 12:48:37 PMI voted Barkley

Thomas is a better player and bigger loss, but to me EZ has shown some level of competency whereas Breida is just not very good

What makes you say breida isnt very good? as of late he looks to have better hands than barkley, and while hes not a game changer, he looks steady. im ok with saying barkley is better. way better. but i dont think that means breida is bad.

True Blue

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 02, 2023, 01:52:35 PMWhat makes you say breida isnt very good? as of late he looks to have better hands than barkley, and while hes not a game changer, he looks steady. im ok with saying barkley is better. way better. but i dont think that means breida is bad.

I don't think he is a good runner of the football. He is not a threat to anyone. He just JAG as Parcells used to say.

GloryDays

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 01:39:59 PMThat doesn't answer the question but can see how it always has to be about the line to deflect away.

It's the obvious truth but some with Jones derangement syndrome have blurry glasses that do not allow them to see the obvious.

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on October 02, 2023, 04:29:31 PMIt's the obvious truth but some with Jones derangement syndrome have blurry glasses that do not allow them to see the obvious.

The truth is some people don't watch a lot of NFL games that don't involve the Giants to see that offensive line line is down throughout the league and that even teams with bad offensive lines still put up good passing production because they have elite QB's who don't need everything to be perfect around them to succeed.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 04:46:00 PMThe truth is some people don't watch a lot of NFL games that don't involve the Giants to see that offensive line line is down throughout the league and that even teams with bad offensive lines still put up good passing production because they have elite QB's who don't need everything to be perfect around them to succeed.

Do you disagree with all the metrics that say the Giant's line is at or near the bottom of the league?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE