News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Commanders @ Giants Jones vs Taylor

Started by Ed Vette, October 17, 2023, 09:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your choice combination

You may only select up to 2 options.

Ed Vette

Does it matter which QB plays?
Pick two.
Guests can vote.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Ed: IMO Jones plays if he is able to do so "safely" in the opinion of the doctors, coaches and Jones.

So my answer to your poll is if Jones plays, Giants win. If Taylor plays, Giants probably win anyway.

Without any inside knowledge of the true medical situation, just as a fan, I say hold him out again.

IMO the team doesn't want to do hold him out, because if Taylor wins, it exacerbates any QB controversy.

So I'll speculate. If they DO hold him out the injury's likely worse than we've been lead to believe.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 17, 2023, 10:32:21 AMEd: IMO Jones plays if he is able to do so "safely" in the opinion of the doctors, coaches and Jones.

So my answer to your poll is if Jones plays, Giants win. If Taylor plays, Giants probably win anyway.

Without any inside knowledge of the true medical situation, just as a fan, I say hold him out again.

IMO the team doesn't want to do hold him out, because if Taylor wins, it exacerbates any QB controversy.

So I'll speculate. If they DO hold him out the injury's likely worse than we've been lead to believe.

Bob
That's not really what's under consideration here Bob.

Do the Giants win regardless of who plays, or does one give them a better chance or become a liability?

I think if Jones plays, that Commander's pass rush may throw him off his game. Thus the Giants lose but if Tyrod plays, they win.

Unless of course DJ had an epiphany watching from the sidelines, which is what I was hoping for. Forest for the trees.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Hadron

Here's one thing about Jones: he typically plays well against Washington. Historically, Washington has had issues with him.

If he plays, I could see a decent game from him before he reverts back to his usual self.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Hadron on October 17, 2023, 10:51:43 AMHere's one thing about Jones: he typically plays well against Washington. Historically, Washington has had issues with him.

If he plays, I could see a decent game from him before he reverts back to his usual self.
Good point.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Maybe I'll change my mind as the week goes on, but I have a bad feeling about this game. Washington is favored by 2 points, which is interesting. I think everyone and their brother is going to bet the Giants getting points at home given that they "looked good" in Buffalo. These are often classic let-down scenarios.

Not a strong view on the above, but I think it's far from a given that we win this game.

Fletch

This is a good Jones game. Sucky team / I expect him to shine and the jONES CREW TO BE LIKE "tYROD sMYROD" Daniel Jones is the franchise QB he hung 30 on a team with a 5th round QB playing.

T200

This game is gonna make we wish we had Bienemy instead of CrapKa.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

babywhales

I honestly want to see a healthy Jones play. 

See if a fire has been woken up in him, if he opens up his game.  If he can make quicker reads, identify the open receivers, stop checking down when other downfield options exist, stop starring down receivers, see if he can get Hyatt, Slayton and Robinson involved. 

If he can start identifying the over hang unblocked rusher and adapting to it wither pre snap or post snap, can he recognize blitzes when he has 5:5 up front; those scenarios are 100% on him and he needs to do much better.

If he reverts back to the playing safe, trying not to lose, then he lost the proper mindset for the position and move on.

That contract will be an issue though so with a 69 mill dad cap next season, what I want is not the issue and jones will play this year and next and be given every opportunity to step up his subpar play

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

DaveBrown74

The fact that they're looking at these other QBs like Ian Book and Matt Barkley doesn't paint the greatest picture about their confidence in Jones being ready by this Sunday.

babywhales

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 17, 2023, 11:21:59 AMThe fact that they're looking at these other QBs like Ian Book and Matt Barkley doesn't paint the greatest picture about their confidence in Jones being ready by this Sunday.
Agreed

Daboll comes clean on injury report as late as possible in week, I suspect their is no chance jones is playing this week, but how many weeks are the Giants really thinking ?
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

DaveBrown74

Quote from: babywhales on October 17, 2023, 11:27:44 AMAgreed

Daboll comes clean on injury report as late as possible in week, I suspect their is no chance jones is playing this week, but how many weeks are the Gisntscreally thinking ?

Yup.

You can't really rush someone back from a neck thing either. Very different from an ankle issue for all the obvious reasons.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 17, 2023, 10:41:35 AMThat's not really what's under consideration here Bob.

Do the Giants win regardless of who plays, or does one give them a better chance or become a liability?

I think if Jones plays, that Commander's pass rush may throw him off his game. Thus the Giants lose but if Tyrod plays, they win.

Unless of course DJ had an epiphany watching from the sidelines, which is what I was hoping for. Forest for the trees.

Ed: Actually, I did consider your specific issue in the second sentence.  Either guy plays, Giants win (although I give Taylor a slightly less chance of winning than Jones - assuming both are healthy). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I really can't vote in this poll.  One game by Taylor and a season of extremes (along with a concerning injury) for Jones make any sort of prediction by QB pure speculation by me.

Not that I am particularly good at predicting games even with known quantities at QB.  Which is why I don't gamble on football.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE