News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Vikings confirm Cousins has torn Achilles tendon

Started by MightyGiants, October 30, 2023, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Now waiting for a post suggesting Jones to the Vikings for 7th-rounder in 2036.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Gmo11

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 03:33:44 PMNow waiting for a post suggesting Jones to the Vikings for 7th-rounder in 2036.  Bob

:ok:

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 03:33:44 PMNow waiting for a post suggesting Jones to the Vikings for 7th-rounder in 2036.  Bob
As long as they agree to eat the accelerated cap hit. LMAO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Giant Obsession

In a hartbeat and I would eat half of next years salary.

Sorry but that dog will not hunt.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

sooners56

This trade has already been suggested just  compensation is different 😂. I'm for it!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

As of right now, Jones may be the least tradable player in the NFL.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2023, 05:44:42 PMAs of right now, Jones may be the least tradable player in the NFL.

Dave - Vikings are only a couple games behind the Lions for first place.  Vikings have a 3 game winning streak.  They may see themselves as in the hunt.  There's been talk that they want to move on from Cousins.  Test driving Daniel Jones in their system and giving up say a 5th rounder to do it does not sound crazy to me.

T200

With Jones' neck injury history, only GM I can picture trading for him is Gettleman.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on October 30, 2023, 06:04:19 PMDave - Vikings are only a couple games behind the Lions for first place.  Vikings have a 3 game winning streak.  They may see themselves as in the hunt.  There's been talk that they want to move on from Cousins.  Test driving Daniel Jones in their system and giving up say a 5th rounder to do it does not sound crazy to me.

It might not be completely crazy if Jones didn't have a $47mm cap hit in 2024. No chance anyone is taking that on. And with all these injuries (including two neck injuries), why would anybody think it is wise to restructure the contract and lock them in to multiple more years.

I just don't see it. If I'm proven wrong and someone actually takes him off our hands, I will be happy to eat crow.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2023, 06:20:58 PMIt might not be completely crazy if Jones didn't have a $47mm cap hit in 2024. No chance anyone is taking that on. And with all these injuries (including two neck injuries), why would anybody think it is wise to restructure the contract and lock them in to multiple more years.

I just don't see it. If I'm proven wrong and someone actually takes him off our hands, I will be happy to eat crow.

I am probably underestimating the perception of the neck injury risk with other teams.

madbadger

No one is going to save us from that horrible contract extension.

andrew_nyGiants

I think the Vikings already have a trade with AZ in place for Josh Dobbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on October 30, 2023, 06:42:22 PMI am probably underestimating the perception of the neck injury risk with other teams.

Neck injury aside, his play over the last 5 years suggest he's not a SB caliber QB.  If you're not competing for a SB, why would you execute a trade for a QB with a bloated salary?  In short, DJ has no trade value...we're stuck with him for a 1.5 years. 

Gmo11

Quote from: T200 on October 30, 2023, 06:16:35 PMWith Jones' neck injury history, only GM I can picture trading for him is Gettleman.

That made me laugh.  Because it's absolutely true.