News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Adoree unlikely to be traded

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2023, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1719329115658940599?s=20

Contracts can't be reworked anymore after 4 pm on Monday. That makes any veteran with a significant salary unlikely to be traded.

Giants CB Adoree Jackson falls into that category. He's due over $6 million for the rest of this season and has been banged up recently. It's unlikely he would be able to be moved at this point, per league sources.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GordonGekko80

McKinney and Barkley are the ones I would put my money on then.

Gmo11

That's unfortunate.  Was really hoping somebody would take that guy off our hands. 

Ed Vette

Adoree could agree to terms with a new team to restructure his contract. If it's a playoff-destined team it would be in his best interests.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

As happy as I am with the Leo deal, if that's literally all we do, that will be somewhat disappointing.

Dgoodmantrublu

Giants should re-sign McKinney. He's been very solid of late. And he's young. Trading him just creates another hole to fill. Not sure you can fill it with what we'd be getting back.

I wish we'd trade Barkley. I have a feeling Schoen would if the decision was all his.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on October 31, 2023, 12:53:22 PMGiants should re-sign McKinney. He's been very solid of late. And he's young. Trading him just creates another hole to fill. Not sure you can fill it with what we'd be getting back.

I wish we'd trade Barkley. I have a feeling Schoen would if the decision was all his.

I don't necessarily disagree about McKinney but he doesn't play a premium or difficult to replace position, so for me it would be down to what is being offered versus what I think he will command on a re-sign (or the tag). Personally, I would not completely close the door on trading him. If someone wants to really pay up from a draft capital perspective, I have no problem entertaining that. We're not talking about the next Troy Polamalu here.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on October 31, 2023, 12:53:22 PMGiants should re-sign McKinney. He's been very solid of late. And he's young. Trading him just creates another hole to fill. Not sure you can fill it with what we'd be getting back.

Mara adores him and won't agree to a trade..another reason why this franchise continues to flounder with his fidgeting.

DaveBrown74

I don't get the obsession with being unable to part ways with Barkley. Is he even that great anymore? Also what have we won with him? Why all the emotion?

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 01:36:02 PMI don't get the obsession with being unable to part ways with Barkley. Is he even that great anymore? Also what have we won with him? Why all the emotion?
I believe that if they told him he was off the market, they need to stick by that promise. This isn't Gettleman who talks out of both sides of his mouth. As to your point, it seems that DJ can't function without Barkley because this Oline can't open a crease on a consistent basis for the Breda's of the league. So if Jones plays another year and I believe he will if healthy and if they draft a QB, then he will need Saquon by his side. Jones can't survive without a balanced attack. Which btw, took them several games to figure out. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 31, 2023, 01:55:05 PMI believe that if they told him he was off the market, they need to stick by that promise. This isn't Gettleman who talks out of both sides of his mouth. As to your point, it seems that DJ can't function without Barkley because this Oline can't open a crease on a consistent basis for the Breda's of the league. So if Jones plays another year and I believe he will if healthy and if they draft a QB, then he will need Saquon by his side. Jones can't survive without a balanced attack. Which btw, took them several games to figure out. 

All of that is fair and well articulated, but if Jones is indeed a lame duck in their eyes, which he absolutely should be if he literally can't operate without Barkley, then I don't see why they should forego a good opportunity to get something for Saquon if an opportunity avails itself. Do we really want to pay Barkley next year just so a QB who is on his way out has him until his replacement takes over? Seems uber short-sighted to me.

I do agree that if the head coach indeed told Barkley he isn't going anywhere, then that should be that. I just question the base premise.

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 02:31:41 PMAll of that is fair and well articulated, but if Jones is indeed a lame duck in their eyes, which he absolutely should be if he literally can't operate without Barkley, then I don't see why they should forego a good opportunity to get something for Saquon if an opportunity avails itself. Do we really want to pay Barkley next year just so a QB who is on his way out has him until his replacement takes over? Seems uber short-sighted to me.

I do agree that if the head coach indeed told Barkley he isn't going anywhere, then that should be that. I just question the base premise.

They said that before the Jets game.  This is now after the Jets debacle.  Things change.  Not only that but if they came to Saquon and said hey, Ravens are interested.  You want to go play with Lamar Jackson and a functioning OL with a chance to make some noise in the playoffs for the first time in your career...or do you want to continue to suck here with us?  What do you think he's going to choose?

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 02:31:41 PMAll of that is fair and well articulated, but if Jones is indeed a lame duck in their eyes, which he absolutely should be if he literally can't operate without Barkley, then I don't see why they should forego a good opportunity to get something for Saquon if an opportunity avails itself. Do we really want to pay Barkley next year just so a QB who is on his way out has him until his replacement takes over? Seems uber short-sighted to me.

Ok, I'll put you down for another wasted season, ending in failure. I assume you don't pay for season tickets but if you do, that's mighty magnanimous of you.  :ok:

and yes, just being facetious.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 31, 2023, 02:53:20 PMOk, I'll put you down for another wasted season, ending in failure. I assume you don't pay for season tickets but if you do, that's mighty magnanimous of you.  :ok:

and yes, just being facetious.

Haha. Because having Jones play 17 games next year (minus whatever number of games he is hurt for) despite having no plans to keep him beyond then is not "wasting" a season at all.....  :ok:

Also facetious.