News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Caleb Williams ‘ain’t gonna make it’ with Giants after crying in stands

Started by brownelvis54, November 10, 2023, 02:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Fair or not? Does this effect his draft position? What is your thoughts? Is he strong enough to handle the media in Gotham?
Out of all of my years watching college and professional football, I've never seen a starting QB, let alone a HEISMAN winner, run off to the stands, jump the wall to cry on his mother's shoulders.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/08/sports/crying-caleb-williams-aint-gonna-make-it-with-giants-wfan-host/
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

He's just not crying, he's sobbing. He wants to go home and cuddle his dog

Dgoodmantrublu

Nonsense. Eli cried. People that show emotion and care are who you want on your team. Caleb would be a great Giant.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: brownelvis54 on November 10, 2023, 02:10:41 PMFair or not? Does this effect his draft position? What is your thoughts? Is he strong enough to handle the media in Gotham?
Out of all of my years watching college and professional football, I've never seen a starting QB, let alone a HEISMAN winner, run off to the stands, jump the wall to cry on his mother's shoulders.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/08/sports/crying-caleb-williams-aint-gonna-make-it-with-giants-wfan-host/

i dont think its a good look. he SCREAMS entitled spoiled attention seeking millenial. the nails, the crying, the ignorance of either wanting ownership of a team and or not knowing thats not allowed... idk man. it doesnt scream leader to me. it doesnt scream strong enough to handle the most intense media market in the league. i have other concerns too, like his size, his proneness to turnovers, his dancing in the pocket like a member of nsync.. i just dont think thatll work in the nfl like it does in college. maybe it works for mahomes, but mahomes is a big solid dude. caleb cant take the hits our oline will subject him to. he might wind up being a great one, and if somehow falls to us, fine. but if we mortgage our future on this guy i cant say i'll love it.

UKGiantsFan

I love watching him play. But this is NY... Snowflakes need not apply. We got sick of OBJ. Don't need a diva at QB. He'd last a New York minute...

NB: I'm 52. I can't be dealing with this "woke" , "in touch with his feelings " BS. Just give me a f*cking QB that can play,  has nutz that need a wheelbarrow to carry 'em, is hard as nails on the outside and that you win because of. I'm talking Simms and Eli levels of toughness here!

brownelvis54

Its not just crying, athletes cry... but the way he walked over to his mom, hopped the fence, and laid into her arms and bawled uncontrollably, was a whole different level.  THEN, to say he wants to cuddle with his dog and watch some shows, saying this out loud to the nationally televised media? There's something there NFL teams have to take a look at.

Dgoodmantrublu

If this was on Twitter I would unleash on this nonsense. But I will refrain from doing so out of respect for the people here who run this site. I am just going to refrain.

DaveBrown74

I am praying that we get Caleb Williams. He is a unique talent. Nothing is ever guaranteed obviously, but I think his potential is sky high.

drewsg

Seems like another potential Odell but at the QB position. Not sure I want that.

StompYouOT

I just want a franchise QB, but heard his performances in big games and against good defenses aren't so great.  I will start watching college.

A real franchise QB is needed and I think this team will turn around much faster than Jones' supporters realize.  But I don't want the next Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold either.  I would be cool sliding back slightly to add more talent and still snag a QB.

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 10, 2023, 03:08:06 PMI am praying that we get Caleb Williams. He is a unique talent. Nothing is ever guaranteed obviously, but I think his potential is sky high.

I live in Los Angeles and watch tons of UCLA and USC games. I wish I saw what you see. Looking at his stats, he under performs playing teams with the top 25 defenses. His body language when losing is concerning. They way you act when losing is important, but the way you carry yourself when losing speaks volumes. Talent? Yeah...he does have gifts, but so did Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Jay Cutler etc....talent is only part of the equation, talent and mental toughness...I just dont know 

Philosophers

You cry for different reasons.  Navy SEALs cry.  You telling me they can't handle NY?  Frankly, NYers mask toughness with anger and we all know how angry NYers are.  It's false bravado.  Put them in a car broken down at night in the winter alone on the I-90 in Montana and they'd be screaming for their Mommas.

I am not throwing out Caleb Williams for that.  My question on his demeanor was that during one particularly bad game, he seemed a bit sullen and sat alone.  He did not try to sit and rally his troops.

brownelvis54

Quote from: StompYouOT on November 10, 2023, 03:28:06 PMI just want a franchise QB, but heard his performances in big games and against good defenses aren't so great.  I will start watching college.

A real franchise QB is needed and I think this team will turn around much faster than Jones' supporters realize.  But I don't want the next Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold either.  I would be cool sliding back slightly to add more talent and still snag a QB.

Watch: USC QB Caleb Williams fumbles the football while trying to evade a sack, resulting in his 30th career fumble

That was the 30th fumble committed by the Trojans quarterback in his CFB career so far, the most in FBS since 2021. Nonetheless, the Huskies took advantage of the turnover and registered a touchdown to take a 7-point lead just before the end of the 1st half. The Huskies had a great second quarter as they completely outplayed the Trojans and scored 28 points in one quarter.

https://firstsportz.com/nfl-news-caleb-williams-fumbles-football/

AZGiantFan

The heart wants what the heart wants, even if it has to overlook red flags to get it.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 10, 2023, 03:35:56 PMFrankly, NYers mask toughness with anger and we all know how angry NYers are.  It's false bravado.  Put them in a car broken down at night in the winter alone on the I-90 in Montana and they'd be screaming for their Mommas.

Sure, let's just make broad, sweeping, ridiculous, and totally insulting generalizations about a huge group of people based entirely on where they happen to call home.

I'm a born and raised New Yorker and proud of it. I know plenty of amazing people here. Normally I would consider a remark like this to be unfairly prejudicial and offensive, but this one happens to be so unbelievably ignorant and stupid that it's more comedic to me than anything else.

I also find it ironic, because anyone who just belittles entire groups of people without any sort of provocation or sound rationale is more likely the one with the anger problem than those he is belittling.