News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At this point, I will be pissed if the Giants win another game

Started by MightyGiants, November 13, 2023, 09:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The suffering we have had to endure this season is only justified if the Giants acquire an elite QB prospect who will be the franchise's QB for the next decade plus.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Couldnt agree more.

The ideal finish to this season is losing every game and guys like JMS, Banks, Hawkins (play him and let him take his lumps), Pinnock, McFadden, Thibs and a few others getting better.

SlotCorner

Schoen and Daboll know QB is job one. Even if we end up the 4 or 5 pick range, they might sell off some guys and picks to move up.

The only team on our schedule in similar shape is the Pats.

MightyGiants

Quote from: SlotCorner on November 13, 2023, 09:47:48 AMSchoen and Daboll know QB is job one. Even if we end up the 4 or 5 pick range, they might sell off some guys and picks to move up.

The only team on our schedule in similar shape is the Pats.

The Giants clearly need talent beyond the QB.  So I don't want the Giants to have to pay anything more than their first-round pick to acquire their new QB.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

I genuinely don't think this is something we will have to worry about.

What a sh1t show.

Jclayton92

No clue why we didn't trade off Ashawn, Adoree, and Barkley. We will likely sign several guys next year so we won't get comp picks for them. Plus obtaining said good pick would have been easier with them gone.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 13, 2023, 09:50:52 AMI genuinely don't think this is something we will have to worry about.

What a sh1t show.

I could see the Giants getting a QB robbing victory or two with the return of Tyrod Taylor
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 09:56:09 AMI could see the Giants getting a QB robbing victory or two with the return of Tyrod Taylor

There is absolutely no reason to play Tyrod unless Devito gets hurt. For as bad as Devito is, what is the harm of him continung toget reps? He could still be QB 3 next year and a backup if Jones isnt cleared.

Taylor's days are down here.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on November 13, 2023, 10:00:59 AMThere is absolutely no reason to play Tyrod unless Devito gets hurt. For as bad as Devito is, what is the harm of him continung toget reps? He could still be QB 3 next year and a backup if Jones isnt cleared.

Taylor's days are down here.

I hope that is the approach the Giants take, as it's the one that gives the Giants the best chance from now on.  The Giants are in the same division as the Eagles, who benefitted greatly by deliberately tanking, so if they don't do what they need to do (competitively speaking) they will always be at a disadvantage.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Jim

At this point, I will be pissed if the Giants lose another game. I'm sick of losing.

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 09:56:09 AMI could see the Giants getting a QB robbing victory or two with the return of Tyrod Taylor
I don't care what spot they get. I just want them to hit on whichever QB they go with.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 13, 2023, 10:10:45 AMAt this point, I will be pissed if the Giants lose another game. I'm sick of losing.

Prepare to be pissed.  They are unlikely to win a game Devito starts and if they have any sense about them he'll start every game from here on out.

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on November 13, 2023, 10:13:00 AMI don't care what spot they get. I just want them to hit on whichever QB they go with.

The way I see it, the higher they draft the better their odds of hitting on a winning QB. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 10:16:11 AMThe way I see it, the higher they draft the better their odds of hitting on a winning QB. 
The odds are better they get exactly who they want but it doesn't change the odds of him working out.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

The week 18 game at Met Life against the Eagles worries me. If the Eagles have zero to play for in that game, they will likely to screw the Giants out of picking in the top two. We know they're shady about throwing games and, let's face it, it would be in their interest to not want Maye or Williams landing in the NFC East. So I think that's a huge worry.

The Pats also worry me a great deal as far as jockeying for those top two spots go. Our game against them will be interesting.