News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ron Rivera on losing to the Giants

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 12:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

JPAFootball
@jasrifootball
𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚: #Commanders Head Coach Ron Rivera calls the team's loss to the #Giants a "low point" via
@TheAthletic

Washington lost to the then 2-8 #Giants, mainly due to six (!!) turnovers.

"Well, it's a low point, that's for sure. Any time you got an opportunity to win a football game, and you put up the numbers that we did, you got a chance... but you got to convert."

Ron Rivera has one of the hottest seats in the #NFL currently, it could be a race between him, Brandon Staley and Frank Reich to see who gets fired next.

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1726646804790264066?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'd be embarrassed too if my team played like that.

Then again his team isn't exactly good. Plus, how big of a short term priority is winning when you trade your top two starting edge rushers for picks at the deadline?

Rivera is clearly gone after this season and he knows it. The big question is whether they'll promote Bienemy or go external. I suspect the latter, but you never know.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2023, 12:27:41 PMI'd be embarrassed too if my team played like that.

Then again his team isn't exactly good. Plus, how big of a short term priority is winning when you trade your top two starting edge rushers for picks at the deadline?

Rivera is clearly gone after this season and he knows it. The big question is whether they'll promote Bienemy or go external. I suspect the latter, but you never know.

From what I heard on the radio yesterday Beiniemy is the clear favorite to be their next HC.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

President Rick

RR is a good coach and will surely land at least as a DC in the nfl, if not nfl or college head coach again IMO
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

BlueMoshik

Sam Howell has got to be one of the worst NFL starting QBS I've ever seen. He made DeVito look like Brady.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: President Rick on November 20, 2023, 01:53:53 PMRR is a good coach and will surely land at least as a DC in the nfl, if not nfl or college head coach again IMO

He may be a little underrated. To be fair to him, he is a two time AP NFL head coach of the year, and he has a career winning record as a HC despite coaching two franchises that, for the past 25 year or so, have generally been among the worst in the league, or at least certainly below average.

The reality is you'll never excite your fan base if you decide your next head coach is going to be Ron Rivera, but there are way worse head coaches out there who are currently employed.

TDToomer

I think Rivera is TV media bound. Color Commentator or studio analyst.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

ozzie

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2023, 01:58:18 PMHe may be a little underrated. To be fair to him, he is a two time AP NFL head coach of the year, and he has a career winning record as a HC despite coaching two franchises that, for the past 25 year or so, have generally been among the worst in the league, or at least certainly below average.

The reality is you'll never excite your fan base if you decide your next head coach is going to be Ron Rivera, but there are way worse head coaches out there who are currently employed.
I agree he's a bit underrated.  He coached Carolina to a Super Bowl and who knows how that might have turned out if Cam Newton was man enough to dive on a fumble?
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Woody

Quote from: BlueMoshik on November 20, 2023, 01:54:16 PMSam Howell has got to be one of the worst NFL starting QBS I've ever seen. He made DeVito look like Brady.
He had a bad day yesterday.  But I think he was leading passing yards in league before yesterday's game. He is ok. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dgoodmantrublu

Wink has something on Howell. He's been really good in every game but the two games against the Giants and the game against the Bears.

zephirus

Let's not forget that Dan Snyder was owner when Rivera was installed.  New ownership surely is being fair to him but they will likely have all the "evidence" they need by seasons end to move on.  Lame duck for sure.  I wish him the best, always thought he was an under-rated coach, but probably more suited to DC.  He's had 13 seasons as a head coach and only posted a winning record in 3 of them.  You remove the 15-1 superbowl year and it looks even worse.