News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

David Gettleman's definition of "Quarterback hell"

Started by MightyGiants, November 23, 2023, 08:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

There were actually Giants fans saying they'd take take Jones over Dak before the season. The Giant Insider guys may have even side. Talk about living in a different reality.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 24, 2023, 07:45:55 PMYou should say "I", not "We"...sure there's a few on this board who despise DJ, and there's also a whole lot of supporters of DJ as well (especially the players and the organization). But I don't speak for all of his supporters, just myself
I'm fine saying we. There are plenty of Giants fans "we" who put the team ahead of individual players. Jones had his chance and he didn't get it done. That's life in the NFL.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 24, 2023, 07:47:59 PMThere were actually Giants fans saying they'd take take Jones over Dak before the season. The Giant Insider guys may have even side. Talk about living in a different reality.
I remember that. There are plenty of delusional Giants fans. But I think a lot of the delusion has to do with John Mara tacitly giving marching orders to media and influencers that they were expected to promote Jones as some sort of exceptional talent. There was even a mini-campaign last year to rehabilitate the reputation of Dave Gettleman. None of those so called journalists has issued a mea culpa that I'm aware of.

nicky1000

Quote from: katkavage on November 23, 2023, 10:22:47 AMNice of Dave to put the Giants there when he reached for Jones. The question is: do you have faith in Schoen? He is doing his homework now. His rep will be on the line. Not to mention his job.

I feel like the Giants are looking more at a Bo Nix type than Drake May. Nothing to back it up, just a gut feeling.