News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Packers beat the Chiefs, 49rs clobber Eagles

Started by BluesCruz, December 04, 2023, 05:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

So hopefully TommyD can earn us some real respect Monday night if we roll the Packers

As for the 49rs..... Brock Purdy is the next TommyD  :-)

I was listening to the Giants wire podcast this morning and according to those guys we are far from out of the playoffs picture if Tommy and friends can keep the winning coming

We can lose 2 more and still get in.....if we win out we have a 90% chance of getting a berth

After the Dallas game we were given up for dead

looking back the needless loss to the Jets may have been our worst development.  If Tommy were allowed to open it up and Gano able to hit a FG things might have been different
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

londonblue

We are not a playoff team. You cannot be on track to give up 98+ sacks and be a playoff team. You cannot have your HC and defensive staff at loggerheads and be a playoff team. Realistically we finish with max 6 wins.

Jordan Love is finding his feat for the Packers and they look like they are playing solid football in all phases. We will need to do what we rarely do and get out in front fast to have any chance. TdV is a nice story but he will need to truly play at Brock Purdy level to keep us improving.

Onto indisputable playoff teams...the 49ers carried an intense grudge from that NFC Championship game and played last night like it was a rematch. After the first two drives the Eagles were not able to match that intensity.If they meet again in a possible NFC Championship repeat then the Eagles will have the chip on their shoulder from this humiliation and I would expect a much tighter game.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Torus34

The Giants are showing improved vital signs and the Jets are on life support. Who would-a thunk it?

Go, Tommy D!

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

TDToomer

Love looks legit. That last TD pass was tight and on the money. How about that crazy comparison stat line from his and Rodgers first 11 starts as a Packer? Same record, Touchdowns and passing yards.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: TDToomer on December 04, 2023, 09:19:30 AMLove looks legit. That last TD pass was tight and on the money. How about that crazy comparison stat line from his and Rodgers first 11 starts as a Packer? Same record, Touchdowns and passing yards.
He did look very good the first three quarters. When he needed to make passes towards the end of the game, he was off.

And if the cheesehead refs do their damn jobs, who knows what could have happened. Chiefs would still need to convert the 2-pointer, assuming they scored after the MVS PI call.

We will get to see Love against Wink's defense next.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Fletch

So glad to see the Chiefs lose. So glad the whiners/Chiefs didn't get the calls which it seems like that is all they do ,i.e. Mahomes throws meatballs all game and they are down a TD with like 45 seconds left in the game and rely on penalties to win the game at the last second.

I was also happy with the 9ers spanking the Eagles. Although I probably will root for them if they play in Chiefs in the SB.

Jets lost but that is like a given. I was rooting for them because I wanted to see Aaron Rodgers

Fletch

You guys are crazy. The O is still stuck in reverse. The D showed up big time 2 weeks in a row. The are avg. 3 Turnovers a game in the last 2 games. Devito is getting credit for this. The guy sucks and Giants are not a playoff team.

Ed Vette

From a HC's perspective, the Giants are in the playoff hunt. This becomes an important decision for Daboll as for who his starting QB will be. Clearly Tyrod Taylor at this point gives them the best chance to win because of his experience and quick release. Tommy is the hot hand and has completed downfield passes.

Either decision wouldn't surprise me.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Fletch

Come on! Playoffs????

Tom Coughlin brought in Eli Manning with the expectation that they would throw away any playoff chances they had -- and they had some and they had Kurt freaking Warner! He realized Eli was the future. I know this team has not been good, and people are just chomping at the bit for meaningful football but, face facts -- these guys suck. What is the point of getting into the playoffs to get killed by the good teams?

Daniel Jones has to go . That is the most important thing as a fan. I almost forgot about the bye week. I didn't even care. I tuned in 2 hours late and only found the Jets game on TV and was like "oh yea, they are not playing this week."

spiderblue43

The refs blew 4 calls on the last Chiefs drive.

Roughness against Mahomes..he was running for the marker..totally legit hit

Scanlon going backwards on a reception..momentum stopped..then ruled out of bounds.

Pass interference at the 6 yard line on Green Bay.

Kelce shoved in the back on the hail mary to end the game.

The NFL flag football rules and refs are destroying the quality of almost every game

:boooo:

Fletch

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 04, 2023, 11:23:57 AMThe refs blew 4 calls on the last Chiefs drive.

Roughness against Mahomes..he was running for the marker..totally legit hit

Scanlon going backwards on a reception..momentum stopped..then ruled out of bounds.

Pass interference at the 6 yard line on Green Bay.

Kelce shoved in the back on the hail mary to end the game.

The NFL flag football rules and refs are destroying the quality of almost every game

:boooo:

Pass interference on a hail mary play? Give me a break. Good no call.

BluesCruz

Quote from: londonblue on December 04, 2023, 06:50:34 AMWe are not a playoff team. You cannot be on track to give up 98+ sacks and be a playoff team. You cannot have your HC and defensive staff at loggerheads and be a playoff team. Realistically we finish with max 6 wins.

Jordan Love is finding his feat for the Packers and they look like they are playing solid football in all phases. We will need to do what we rarely do and get out in front fast to have any chance. TdV is a nice story but he will need to truly play at Brock Purdy level to keep us improving.

Onto indisputable playoff teams...the 49ers carried an intense grudge from that NFC Championship game and played last night like it was a rematch. After the first two drives the Eagles were not able to match that intensity.If they meet again in a possible NFC Championship repeat then the Eagles will have the chip on their shoulder from this humiliation and I would expect a much tighter game.

Lets face it there are no super teams in the NFL this year

SFO, Eagles, Cowboys, KC, Bills.....none of them are overwhelming
The Cowboys are flying but they are the Cowboys and will flop in the Playoffs as usual

We are trending upward when the others are coming back to earth.  If we were to win a SB this year it would be one for the ages.  Up there with the Giants/Patriots and the Dolphins undefeated season.

We basically are facing playoff bound teams from here to January....we will see how much magic TommyD can muster.  Should be a fun ride.  WE are playing with house money.  Just beating the Eagles will be enough for me, the rest is gravy.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

spiderblue43

Fletch

Okay. Just have the refs leave early on Hail Mary's instead  .then no pretense of interference. Tackling..sucker punches..leg kicks..get creative. Works for me  Booth review from NY to check for a catch

spiderblue43

Wasn't that the classic Philly Thing with "Security Chief" Dumb DiSanto getting involved on the sideline with Greenlaw? And the fans loving him for it.  :poo: