News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Thoughts on this incident

Started by MightyGiants, December 04, 2023, 03:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

nb587

One of the worst decisions by an official that I have ever seen.  A team should have one of its employees start an altercation with an opposition player on the sideline and they both get thrown out.  Makes alot of sense

uconnjack8

I am sure it has been asked, but why was the head of security on the sideline during the game? 

Had the sound off during this and was wondering who the guy was.  Thought he was a coach at 1st. 

Jolly Blue Giant

It's football. Lotta hitting, bad calls, and as expected in any physical game, tempers tend to fly...nothing to see here
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

PSUBeirut

I said it in another thread but the guy strikes me as a tough guy clown.  If he wants to mix it up with players, put some pads on and try it, tough guy.  I hope he gets suspended.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 04, 2023, 04:53:06 PMIt's football. Lotta hitting, bad calls, and as expected in any physical game, tempers tend to fly...nothing to see here

You feel that someone that is not football personnel getting involved in a skirmish is nothing to see here?

madbadger

All I saw was a team official trying to separate two players on his own sideline only to get a finger jammed in his face for his efforts. Say what you want the NFL controls who is allowed in the team area of the sidelines. He had every right to be there and didn't instigate anything.

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on December 04, 2023, 05:12:44 PMAll I saw was a team official trying to separate two players on his own sideline only to get a finger jammed in his face for his efforts. Say what you want the NFL controls who is allowed in the team area of the sidelines. He had every right to be there and didn't instigate anything.

Not sure about whether he had a "right" to be there or not, but I do know the NFL does not allow stadium security to be involved in separating  players.   He no right to do that and its against NFL rules. 

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 04, 2023, 05:09:03 PMYou feel that someone that is not football personnel getting involved in a skirmish is nothing to see here?

If a player goes out in the crowd and starts to pummel a guy, that's a problem. It's happened in hockey, baseball, etc. Ty Cobb got suspended from baseball for going into the crowd and beating the crap out of a handicapped (he had no hands) man...now that's a problem https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/mlb-legend-ty-cobb-beat-disabled-heckler-insulting-racist-slurs
Hell, it was close to that in the friggin Senate last week  :what: 
Too much testosterone and men who haven't got a handle on their emotions - sidebar entertainment. Imagine if hockey players never lit into each other...the game would be boring  =))
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

madbadger

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 04, 2023, 05:23:22 PMNot sure about whether he had a "right" to be there or not, but I do know the NFL does not allow stadium security to be involved in separating  players.   He no right to do that and its against NFL rules. 

He's not stadium security.

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on December 04, 2023, 05:39:34 PMHe's not stadium security.

Is he football personnel? Is he a coach or a player?

If not he has no business getting involved in a player skirmish

Doc16LT56

Two things you never do in sports. One, no one ever lays a hand on the officials. And two, non-players never physically engage the players.

If it was up to me, this Eagles staffer would never be credentialed for another NFL game. How else do you ensure teams don't start using their staff members to bait opposing players into getting into fights and ejected?

Imagine if it was the Giants and some clown staffer baited Dex into getting ejected during a big game? How many teams have filed this story away as a tactic they might use out of desperation? How do you protect the integrity of the game? Where do you draw the line? I hope the NFL drops the hammer on this clown.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: madbadger on December 04, 2023, 05:12:44 PMAll I saw was a team official trying to separate two players on his own sideline only to get a finger jammed in his face for his efforts. Say what you want the NFL controls who is allowed in the team area of the sidelines. He had every right to be there and didn't instigate anything.

100% agree. Can't understand ppl asking "what was this guy doing on the sideline?" He's a member of the organization and in charge of security. Why wouldn't he be on the sidelines for the most public and high stakes day of work for the team?

He clearly was separating the 2 players, which is something that happens all the time when guys are fighting. And he clearly gets a finger jammed in his face by Greenlaw.

I have no issue with his presence on the sideline, his actions on the sidelines, or the ejection.

madbadger

Quote from: Stringer Bell on December 04, 2023, 06:13:28 PM100% agree. Can't understand ppl asking "what was this guy doing on the sideline?" He's a member of the organization and in charge of security. Why wouldn't he be on the sidelines for the most public and high stakes day of work for the team?

He clearly was separating the 2 players, which is something that happens all the time when guys are fighting. And he clearly gets a finger jammed in his face by Greenlaw.

I have no issue with his presence on the sideline, his actions on the sidelines, or the ejection.

Thought I was losing my mind for a second, and why would it be ok for an assistant to touch an opposing player while breaking up a fight but not for the teams head of security? I could understand if he was really aggressive in breaking them up but that was mild by any objective standard.

Doc16LT56

Breaking up a fight? Lol, that was a football play. My goodness, is everything in football now a fight?