News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wan 'Dale appreciating the moment

Started by MightyGiants, December 12, 2023, 08:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Draft picks maturing and coming alive!

Development and Growth peaking as the season goes on! 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

With his and Hyatts speed why aren't we calling more duo post & fly route plays.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: TDToomer on December 12, 2023, 08:48:46 AMWith his and Hyatts speed why aren't we calling more duo post & fly route plays.

Kafka enough said

Ed Vette

WDR was getting slammed in the game thread before he broke out last night. It was nice to see him featured and come up big.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 12, 2023, 09:08:11 AMWDR was getting slammed in the game thread before he broke out last night. It was nice to see him featured and come up big.
@Jclayton92 and I had his back the entire game  :ok:

@Bob In PA is a big supporter as well. Glad to see the kid show what he's capable of.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

sooners56

Oh come on guys. You can man crush on him but the fact is Wandale has had 2 good games in his whole career (yes I know he was injured). As a high 2nd round pick I'd expect more.

I will say I had a lot of bad beats this game. First, I stated the Packers would easily win. Then, I replied to Jclayton that I don't see anything special about Wandale and then Wandale proceeds to have the best game of his career. I also posted that Devito never looks downfield when he runs just for Devito to scramble and throw a beautiful pass to Hodgins in the end zone for a TD. I never felt so great after such bad takes 😂 😂 😂
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

T200

Quote from: sooners56 on December 12, 2023, 09:32:58 AMOh come on guys. You can man crush on him but the fact is Wandale has had 2 good games in his whole career (yes I know he was injured). As a high 2nd round pick I'd expect more.

I will say I had a lot of bad beats this game. First, I stated the Packers would easily win. Then, I replied to Jclayton that I don't see anything special about Wandale and then Wandale proceeds to have the best game of his career. I also posted that Devito never looks downfield when he runs just for Devito to scramble and throw a beautiful pass to Hodgins in the end zone for a TD. I never felt so great after such bad takes 😂 😂 😂
Get your #17 Robinson jersey now before the price skyrockets!!!  :P

T200

What I love the most about Hyatt, Hodgins, and Robinson is that they have soft, strong hands. The ball rarely escapes them and they don't rely on catching the ball with their arms/bodies like so many receivers do.

sooners56

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 09:36:03 AMGet your #17 Robinson jersey now before the price skyrockets!!!  :P

😂 I just may
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 09:38:28 AMWhat I love the most about Hyatt, Hodgins, and Robinson is that they have soft, strong hands. The ball rarely escapes them and they don't rely on catching the ball with their arms/bodies like so many receivers do.
Hodgins has been a pretty good blocker too. Put 35 lbs on him and he'd make a heck of a TE.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ralphpal1

Well let W Robinson grow . I thought he wasnt a 2nd round pick either but who knows ? If he keeps playing this way maybe he will be
Remember
Sky moore was a 2md round pick how is he doing
C Watson ( hurt 8 or more games a season)
G Pickens.  For how talented he is i read he gives lots of headaches to his teammates
E Moore
Q Johnson just dropped another pass

Gmo11

Quote from: TDToomer on December 12, 2023, 08:48:46 AMWith his and Hyatts speed why aren't we calling more duo post & fly route plays.

Two things...lack of pass protection holding up long enough to get the guys downfield and open along with QB play of which Jones refused to throw deep and Devito does but just without the elite arm strength/accuracy to do it consistently. I think the way they're handling this is about as good as we can ask.  Don't make this kid have to go and win games on his own, let him play within himself with what he is capable of doing and hope the defense wins the games which...has been working.