News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Tyrod Taylor effect

Started by MightyGiants, December 15, 2023, 08:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Taylor has had a solid career. He should be proud of his accomplishments. All but an extremely tiny percentage of people who play this sport can only dream of having a career like his. He has earned over $70mm in salary over the course of his career, and he has won as many regular season starts as he has lost (same as Eli Manning). He also has a great reputation of helping young QBs come along and being a placeholder for them until they're ready and being totally supportive. Not to mention he plays hard and sacrifices his body repeatedly. I have nothing but respect for that guy.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 15, 2023, 08:18:21 AMTaylor has had a solid career. He should be proud of his accomplishments. All but an extremely tiny percentage of people who play this sport can only dream of having a career like his. He has earned over $70mm in salary over the course of his career, and he has won as many regular season starts as he has lost (same as Eli Manning). He also has a great reputation of helping young QBs come along and being a placeholder for them until they're ready and being totally supportive. Not to mention he plays hard and sacrifices his body repeatedly. I have nothing but respect for that guy.
I do too. I can't imagine the pain this man has had to endure and the fortitude and resilience it took to work back from all those injuries. It takes a lot of courage to go back out there knowing your body is just more fragile than other men and the next injury is inevitable. These are more than just freak injuries.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

I agree with Jeff and Ed; TT should feel good about his career.  I'll remember him as a good and gutsy QB, who loves the game. 

TDToomer

Tyrod Taylor = Steve Deberg

Deberg was the 49ers QB before Montana took over
He then started for the Broncos and Elway took over
Then he went to the Bucs and was the starter until Steve Young took over. But Young was awful so they drafted Testaverde and Deberg again lost his job to a rookie QB.
But then he finally found a home and was the Chief starting QB from 1988-91 all while playing in his mid - late 30's.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on December 15, 2023, 09:00:53 AMTyrod Taylor = Steve Deberg

Deberg was the 49ers QB before Montana took over
He then started for the Broncos and Elway took over
Then he went to the Bucs and was the starter until Steve Young took over. But Young was awful so they drafted Testaverde and Deberg again lost his job to a rookie QB.
But then he finally found a home and was the Chief starting QB from 1988-91 all while playing in his mid - late 30's.

Excellent comparison. I remember DeBerg.

Uni

Either it's coincidence or Taylor is a positive influence on rookie/young QBs, and perhaps the reason why Daboll wanted him on the team.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 15, 2023, 09:30:44 AMExcellent comparison. I remember DeBerg.

Interesting comparison. I remember when Dan Reeves hired DeBerg to work with Dave Brown on his play fakes and other elements of the quarterbacking game. On one of our previous boards, some of the posters used to attack DeBerg by throwing every insult in the book at him. Crazy stuff!

I remember in 1990 when DeBerg broke his pinky and played with a pin in that pinky and the pain he must have gone through every time he threw the ball.

Tough guy. Never was able to go the distance with a team but, like Taylor, a pro's pro.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jclayton92

We should draft Joe Matocha and have Tyrod mentor him and Devito and see which wins.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 16, 2023, 05:49:07 PMWe should draft Joe Matocha and have Tyrod mentor him and Devito and see which wins.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: kartanoman on December 16, 2023, 10:04:57 AMInteresting comparison. I remember when Dan Reeves hired DeBerg to work with Dave Brown on his play fakes and other elements of the quarterbacking game. On one of our previous boards, some of the posters used to attack DeBerg by throwing every insult in the book at him. Crazy stuff!

I remember in 1990 when DeBerg broke his pinky and played with a pin in that pinky and the pain he must have gone through every time he threw the ball.

Tough guy. Never was able to go the distance with a team but, like Taylor, a pro's pro.

Peace!

Was it the Giants page on the AOL forum? There was some brutally awful fans there. One who spent the entire 2000 season ripping on Fassel, Collins and Mara and then changed his banner to NFC Champions when it became convenient to cheer again.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

nb587

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 15, 2023, 08:38:25 AMI do too. I can't imagine the pain this man has had to endure and the fortitude and resilience it took to work back from all those injuries. It takes a lot of courage to go back out there knowing your body is just more fragile than other men and the next injury is inevitable. These are more than just freak injuries.
The courage for Thomas is not just wanting to get back out there, it's wanting to get back out there behind an OL that's the same OL that didn't protect him in the first place.