News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone reading this rumor?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 22, 2023, 05:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Part of the "rumor" I may believe is Mara protecting guys like Barkley and Jones..Ronnie Barnes etc... to the detriment of the team and very possibly  irritating Dabs about his team's direction.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 23, 2023, 06:20:03 PMPart of the "rumor" I may believe is Mara protecting guys like Barkley and Jones..Ronnie Barnes etc... to the detriment of the team and very possibly  irritating Dabs about his team's direction.

If Mara is so happy with Jones and Barkley why did he fire Gettleman? They are the cornerstones of his tenure here as GM.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 23, 2023, 06:36:56 PMIf Mara is so happy with Jones and Barkley why did he fire Gettleman? They are the cornerstones of his tenure here as GM.
Technically, Gettleman "retired"....so he wasn't actually fired. Despite so many of us who wanted that to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 23, 2023, 07:06:59 PMTechnically, Gettleman "retired"....so he wasn't actually fired. Despite so many of us who wanted that to be the case.

You actually believe he could have remained the GM after the 2021 season if he wanted to?

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 23, 2023, 07:28:00 PMYou actually believe he could have remained the GM after the 2021 season if he wanted to?
I can only hope that Mara was knowledgeable and courageous enough to pull the trigger and fire him had DG decided he wanted to stay.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

BluesCruz

"We've done everything possible to mess this poor guy up"

As for Ronnie Barnes he must have compromising pictures or something

Barkley is the "Face of the Franchise". Are you serious??

Question- If Belechick does return will he be able to shed Jones, 1.7 yds Barkley, and Ronnie? :what: 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!   

MY NEW YEARS WISH-   THE END OF WAR.  Talk it out guys
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

londonblue

Daboll is learning how to be a HC. He was excellent last year showing flashes of creativity and presence. He has been terrible this year, failing to create any unity of purpose in the building or hold things fully together in tough times. He will and should get a year 3 for him and us to see if he can learn from year two and take a step forward. I suspect it will be an attempted turnaround he takes on with wholesale staff changes.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 link=msg=931234 date=1703366150
Lol Belichick is an antique. He was one of the greatest hcs in football but the game has passed him by now.
/quote]
J: The math is easy... [head coach] + Tom Brady = good.  [Head coach] - Tom Brady = not-so-good.  Bob

And they said math was a tough subject...

:what:

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 26, 2023, 03:59:05 PM[quote author=Jclayton92 link=msg=931234 date=1703366150
Lol Belichick is an antique. He was one of the greatest hcs in football but the game has passed him by now.

J: The math is easy... [head coach] + Tom Brady = good.  [Head coach] - Tom Brady = not-so-good.  Bob

And they said math was a tough subject...

:what:

Bob
I agree lol we are on the same page I was just asking Bc Why he would want any part of that.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 23, 2023, 01:58:14 PMWhy would anyone want Belichick currently?

The bigger question is that at the age of 73 would he be willing to go back to just being a head coach and relinquishing final say over personnel decisions? I don't think he would and I think the NY media would eat him and his surely attitude alive.

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on December 26, 2023, 04:08:25 PMThe bigger question is that at the age of 73 would he be willing to go back to just being a head coach and relinquishing final say over personnel decisions? I don't think he would and I think the NY media would eat him and his surely attitude alive.
Yeah he likely goes to San Diego with all the retirees.

katkavage

Quote from: londonblue on December 26, 2023, 11:17:11 AMDaboll is learning how to be a HC. He was excellent last year showing flashes of creativity and presence. He has been terrible this year, failing to create any unity of purpose in the building or hold things fully together in tough times. He will and should get a year 3 for him and us to see if he can learn from year two and take a step forward. I suspect it will be an attempted turnaround he takes on with wholesale staff changes.
He will be on the hot seat next year. I'm sure he will plead with Schoen to get him a QB. If they don't upgrade at the most important position, the chances of success for both Daboll and Schoen will be pretty much diminished and it will be Daboll's last year. They cannot go into 2024 with the QB's they currently have.

kartanoman

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 26, 2023, 04:11:18 PMYeah he likely goes to San Diego with all the retirees.

If he decides to go to California, while nearly everyone else in California is leaving in droves, do you really think that's the place people go to retire? Especially an east coast guy like Belichick? Especially the ownership of San Diego producing a stable workplace.

I don't see it happening because Parcells taught Belichick well in terms of taking jobs with questionable owners in terms of stability and vision.

I think he retires from coaching and might try a front office role, a consultant role or retire outright and play golf in Nantucket with Parcells while talking the old days.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

I actually think Belichick ends up with the Commanders. Just a hunch. I know it makes sense on many levels for him to go to the Chargers, and it's clearly possible, but my money is on him landing in Washington. It will be a better pay package, and I suspect he will be afforded more control.

The Chargers are a pretty weak, no frills organization. The owner doesn't have the best reputation. Not to mention Belichick to me is the antithesis of an LA guy.

There is more to this decision than just the incumbent roster.

Jclayton92

Quote from: kartanoman on December 26, 2023, 04:35:13 PMIf he decides to go to California, while nearly everyone else in California is leaving in droves, do you really think that's the place people go to retire? Especially an east coast guy like Belichick? Especially the ownership of San Diego producing a stable workplace.

I don't see it happening because Parcells taught Belichick well in terms of taking jobs with questionable owners in terms of stability and vision.

I think he retires from coaching and might try a front office role, a consultant role or retire outright and play golf in Nantucket with Parcells while talking the old days.

Peace!

I was just joking as The Chargers are now in LA the biggest fair weather Fandom in the country. They should have stayed in San Diego because of all of the retirees. A majority of San Diego is made up of Retired people and Navy Personnel.

I just don't know what other jobs will be open outside San Diego, maybe Washington but Washington is the place were coaches go to get ruined.