News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Better All Purpose RB? Guests Can Vote

Started by Ed Vette, December 30, 2023, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your guy?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: londonblue on December 31, 2023, 05:43:53 PMI don't see how anyone can vote for Saquon seeing his hands of stone on key passes and him taking negative yardage on a critical run which is pretty much who he is. Occasionally he explodes for big plays (fewer than pre-injury) but too often he just does not get the basics right. Tiki was money.

I voted for Tiki, and pretty enthusiastically, although I'd like to think most Giants fans are capable of deciding on this choice without basing their decision on what they saw on one single play in a single game they just watched an hour ago.

coggs

londonblue

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 31, 2023, 07:19:47 PMI voted for Tiki, and pretty enthusiastically, although I'd like to think most Giants fans are capable of deciding on this choice without basing their decision on what they saw on one single play in a single game they just watched an hour ago.

The point I was making Dave is that those plays in that game summed up much of Bartley's time with us. His tendency to take negative plays has been discussed since game 1 as has his inability to translate his athleticism into consistent productivity as a receiver. He under-performs his talent on a regular basis and whilst some of that may be the misfortune of being stuck with us the truly great ones transcend their situations. He's a guy. A talented guy for sure but he's not a great.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

BluesCruz

I wondering if Saquon ever got sick as he apparently CANNOT CATCH A COLD

Part of this I blame on the coaches as they should have this guy working on passing drills and hand eye co-ordination 24X7

There is on drill where a machine passes the football out of a dark shed
it forces the recipient to keep his eye on the ball

Yesterday reminded me of the line in "Meet the Parents". Saquon "is afraid of the ball"

He's apparently looking ahead and not seeing the ball into his stoney little hands.  Just appaling.   And the more clutch the situation the more likely he muffs it
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

TDToomer

I think Tiki is great on WFAN. A smart voice surrounded by blowhard.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

I have no issues with Tiki. I didn't like what he said at the time, but I forgave him for it. I think most people would admit that they have said things they regret or wish they had worded better. Only deluded people who are on a high horse wouldn't admit that about themselves.

No doubt Tiki has done things in his personal life that one could easily criticize, but his personal life is none of the public's business. Bottom line he was one of the best Giants ever on the field, and he comes off as a perfectly decent guy outside of that.

spiderblue43

Barkley has been anything but the Golden Jacket to-be ..touched by God RB  Overrated...injury prone..delusional Williams of the Rams looked easily better .a 5th round rookie.