News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants couldn't even lose right- pushed their draft slot down to 6

Started by MightyGiants, January 07, 2024, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Pennix will still be there at 6

He is not the sexy pick just the best one
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Gmo11

Had they lost today I think they only would have moved to 5th. In a 4 person draft... Screw it I say it's worth it to kick the crap out of the eagles for just one slot. If the Pats chargers and Cards had won I'd be pretty annoyed though.

MagicRat

If we'd lost we'd have jumped one to five.
I'd take handing.these a ball-ache into the playoffs over a one place jump.
Smell my cheese you mother!

katkavage

Giants will have a chance at Daniels. Washington wants Williams and will make Chicago an offer the can't refuse. Bears take Harrison, pats take Maye, Cards take Nabors or Alt, Chargers take Nabors, Alt, or Fashnu, Giants get Daniels.

MightyGiants

A six pick in the draft is a poor reward for such a horrible season
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

6th pick means we have a very good chance of many more years of miserable seasons.

At least John Mara is happy  /sarcasm/

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1744152674105192469?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: Gmo11 on January 07, 2024, 07:34:49 PMHad they lost today I think they only would have moved to 5th. In a 4 person draft... Screw it I say it's worth it to kick the crap out of the eagles for just one slot. If the Pats chargers and Cards had won I'd be pretty annoyed though.

Exactly,  all this hand wringing over 1 draft slot lost to a team that isnt looking for a QB. 

If they lost they stay at 5.

And there are those that will have you believe that the Eagles lost to the Giants on purpose to hurt the draft slot.  They let AJ Brown play and get injured just to get the Giants to move back that spot and probably ended any chance of making a serious run in the playoffs. 

They really got us this time.

katkavage

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 07, 2024, 07:46:23 PMExactly,  all this hand wringing over 1 draft slot lost to a team that isnt looking for a QB. 

If they lost they stay at 5.

And there are those that will have you believe that the Eagles lost to the Giants on purpose to hurt the draft slot.  They let AJ Brown play and get injured just to get the Giants to move back that spot and probably ended any chance of making a serious run in the playoffs. 

They really got us this time.
That was a ridiculous conspiracy theory. However, the clown Eagles coach did try to play mind games saying he would watch the score board. You can't have it both ways. You either play to win or not.

jgrangers2

At this point, winning today didn't impact much. It's the 3 game winning streak that cost us a chance at the QBs.

uconnjack8

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 08:41:12 PMThat was a ridiculous conspiracy theory. However, the clown Eagles coach did try to play mind games saying he would watch the score board. You can't have it both ways. You either play to win or not.

I thought his team played like he talked.  Not sure what they wanted to do.

Rosehill Jimmy

The only thing sweeter would have been had the Girls lost too. 
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 07, 2024, 09:02:20 PMThe only thing sweeter would have been had the Girls lost too. 

You would have liked the Giants to lose so we could have moved up one draft spot to number 5 ?