News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wink "resigns" from the Giants

Started by MightyGiants, January 08, 2024, 03:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

shadowspinner0

DaveBrown74

I guess the question now is will he get serious consideration for a HC job. My guess is no, but I could be wrong.

President Rick

Pierce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

londonblue

Daboll's seat just got a LOT hotter for next season. For right or wrong a substantial portion of the fanbase thinks Wink is the better coach of the two so he has to get this hire right.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I don't see how this is a good look at all for Daboll.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on January 08, 2024, 03:40:32 PMDaboll's seat just got a LOT hotter for next season. For right or wrong a substantial portion of the fanbase thinks Wink is the better coach of the two so he has to get this hire right.

I agree; firing the ST Coordinator and O-line coach was justified.  Wink quitting on you is less than ideal as the baseline is very high (and the disruption of the scheme will cause issues), so replacing Wink will be more like trying to get a DC as good rather than a clear opportunity for an upgrade.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TONKA56

T200

Don't let the doorknob hit ya!

I don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

katkavage

There will be leaks on what went on between them. Daboll is in a tough spot now. He has to rally for next year or it might be his last.

SlotCorner

I'm torn about this one. I love Wink's attacking style of defense and its obvious players like playing for him, but the defense has not been in the top 10 while he's been here. Especially in stopping the run, they haven't been dominant.

Let's see who they hire before I get upset.

H-Town G-Fan

Wink left Baltimore under strange circumstances. It was talked about as "amicable" at the time, but I think that was just the two parties not calling attention to the situation. I think Wink is a good coach, but it appears he is not always content with his situations. And Daboll's abrasive personality certainly did not mix well.

katkavage

Quote from: SlotCorner on January 08, 2024, 03:55:24 PMI'm torn about this one. I love Wink's attacking style of defense and its obvious players like playing for him, but the defense has not been in the top 10 while he's been here. Especially in stopping the run, they haven't been dominant.

It could very well work out for the best. It has for Baltimore.

TONKA56

Quote from: SlotCorner on January 08, 2024, 03:55:24 PMI'm torn about this one. I love Wink's attacking style of defense and its obvious players like playing for him, but the defense has not been in the top 10 while he's been here. Especially in stopping the run, they haven't been dominant.

A Wink defense probably needs at least three good pass rushers. We have one and a guy thats injured 50% of the time. Pretty miraculous Wink got as much as he did from this group.