News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

POLL- Who would you prefer as Giants HC?

Started by BluesCruz, January 13, 2024, 08:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All things being equal who would you feel would best guide Giants

BluesCruz

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 13, 2024, 07:37:38 PMExactly why I don't play.  They get started because fish are biting.

I dont think these types of subjects would start if we were not 6-11 and sinking like the Titanic

Im done with losing.   There is a reason these other HCs dont wallow in losing or building losing cultures.  A reason they are chasing Don Shula and not chasing Joe Judge.  Schoen/Daboll are emlulating Joe Judge so far

Can they get back on track?  Not with Jones at QB.  There is a 80% likelihood Jones will lead us back to a losing record.

I dont care how much money he is owed.  The position can be upgaded by just motioning DeVito to put his helmet on
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 14, 2024, 10:23:54 AMI dont think these types of subjects would start if we were not 6-11 and sinking like the Titanic

Im done with losing.   There is a reason these other HCs dont wallow in losing or building losing cultures.  A reason they are chasing Don Shula and not chasing Joe Judge.  Schoen/Daboll are emlulating Joe Judge so far

Can they get back on track?  Not with Jones at QB.  There is a 80% likelihood Jones will lead us back to a losing record.

I dont care how much money he is owed.  The position can be upgaded by just motioning DeVito to put his helmet on

Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode where George does and says the complete opposite of what he would normally do?

Eventually you will get your predictions right. It's the law of averages.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

BC: IMO, including yourself as one of the choices made it one of our greatest polls ever. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on January 13, 2024, 10:24:43 AMI know that I am OLD and forgetful  but will someone please explain to me why do these kind of subjects start?

Dumpster Dan

Dan: Gotta have SOMETHING to do when your team fails to make the playoffs. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 13, 2024, 08:49:39 AMI appreciate this is sort of a fantasy fluff question asking which HC we prefer since it's clear the Giants are moving on.   That said, if we were moving on, I think Harbaugh would be a tough sell for Mara.   Mike Lombardi pointed out that at Michigan, Harbaugh is pretty much in charge of the entire football program, and he left the NFL because in San Fran, he felt he was being interfered with in terms of creating the culture he wanted.  While Mike didn't say it, I think a reasonable assumption would be that Harbaugh will only return to the NFL if he pretty much ran the team (where the GM is subordinate to him).  That is a model I don't see the Giants adopting (even if it has worked with other teams). 

This is 100% wrong Rich.  First in college Rich every head coach is in charge of the entire football program.  Harbaugh is no different than any other college head coach.

Second, Harbaugh has never ashes for the GM role as well.  He has said he absolutely hates the decisions GMs have to make regarding personnel, contracts, etc. All he wants is to be able to instill his culture among the players and coach them.

With the 49ers he worked fine early on with their GM but Trent Baalke proved to be a complete idiot.  Baalke failed everywhere after that.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 14, 2024, 10:23:54 AMI dont think these types of subjects would start if we were not 6-11 and sinking like the Titanic

I love the passive voice.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on January 14, 2024, 11:45:43 AMThis is 100% wrong Rich.  First in college Rich every head coach is in charge of the entire football program.  Harbaugh is no different than any other college head coach.

Second, Harbaugh has never ashes for the GM role as well.  He has said he absolutely hates the decisions GMs have to make regarding personnel, contracts, etc. All he wants is to be able to instill his culture among the players and coach them.

With the 49ers he worked fine early on with their GM but Trent Baalke proved to be a complete idiot.  Baalke failed everywhere after that.

I can't say you're wrong, as this sort of reporting is less than certain.  I will say we will get a pretty good idea of Lombardi's claims being accurate if Harbaugh returns to the NFL and we see how much power he wields.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

Vrabel had had NO QB in Tennessee so he would slide right in here.

Daboll will be gone by Week 8.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

TDToomer

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 14, 2024, 03:34:48 PMVrabel had had NO QB in Tennessee so he would slide right in here.

Daboll will be gone by Week 8.

Is that your prediction or what you want to happen? Can you be more negative? :boooo:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs