News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Odell Beckham Jr. rip the Giants

Started by brownelvis54, January 19, 2024, 09:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Painter on January 20, 2024, 08:37:10 PMCheerlead for OBJ all you like. That doesn't alter the fact that he's a whiney punk who can't handle the fact that he has been no more than ordinary or even less ever since the Giants ditched him. His Rams TD not withstanding

He is not who he thinks he is, not when he's averaged 33 receptions over the past 3 seasons which is much less than half of what he had with the Browns in 2019 or with the Giants the year before when they decided he wasn't worth the aggravation. Of course, now that he's with a contender, I suppose it could all change as he did catch 1 of the 22 passes the Ravens felt a need to throw today.

Cheers!

If your focus is on the individual, what you say has merit. If you focus on the team, OBJ's career has been lightyears ahead of the Giants since 2019. It's the Giants and parts of their fan base, not OBJ, who come across as whiney and not who they think they are. OBJ has earned around 20 million over his last 2 seasons and has a shot at his second Super Bowl in his last two years. Short of the individual stats, he's doing everything any kid dreams of doing in the NFL. What else should he be doing to earn the approval of an organization that wasted his talent and after a decade of futility still can't get out of it's own way.

Messiah717

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 20, 2024, 09:28:09 PMIf your focus is on the individual, what you say has merit. If you focus on the team, OBJ's career has been lightyears ahead of the Giants since 2019. It's the Giants and parts of their fan base, not OBJ, who come across as whiney and not who they think they are. OBJ has earned around 20 million over his last 2 seasons and has a shot at his second Super Bowl in his last two years. Short of the individual stats, he's doing everything any kid dreams of doing in the NFL. What else should he be doing to earn the approval of an organization that wasted his talent and after a decade of futility still can't get out of it's own way.

Yup, OBJ states the obvious and some still want to believe he's the devil and the Giants have been a stellar organization for the past decade plus.  We're a dumpster fire who still can't get it right and OBJ has an excellent shot at a second ring.  Those are the facts.

MagicRat

I think OBJ could've been a generational talent.
He'll retire a wealthy man with at least one ring.
I dunno why he's still bellyaching about the trade.
I thought his acceptance of a rotational/situational role spoke to a new maturity.
There's no doubt when he was here he was a silly little boy, albeit an extravagantly talented one.
I'd have thought he'd have moved on by now but it's obvious still eating him.
Hey ho.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Ed Vette

He hinted he wanted to come back to NY and whatever transpired, it never happened with Schoen and Mara. So the bitterness continued. If he truly gained maturity, he wouldn't take petty cheap shots in an interview. He would have learned to navigate through the traps. But he loves the attention and even yesterday when Lamar Jackson was giving an interview, he needed to bomb the scene.

At one time I criticized Coughlin for not reigning him in from the beginning after that game he had a breakdown with the other jackass. Then the dog pissing scene. But TC was at the end of his rope at that point. I don't even remember if McAdoo was there at that point.

He was a generational talent. Perhaps if he was drafted by a team inside the coasts, he might have been spared the limelight that fed his ego. I was annoyed at Gettleman for what he did but in the end, it really didn't matter to either party. Nothing would have changed the direction of the destruction of a man or the franchise.

So file him in the bitter folder with Toney and shut the drawer. He's old news here.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Doc16LT56

Apparently this is the point of view of a not insignificant part of the Giants fan base:

Poor OBJ. He could've kept his mouth shut and been a leader of the Giants 29-53 record over the last 5 seasons. Instead he plays on good teams and competes for championships as a role player. What a bitter loser. He's old news. He could've been part of our double digit loss culture. Instead he spoke out because he was so selfish he just wanted to win. Too bad for him.